6

Lexi's POV

I opened the door to my locker as waves of other students walked by me, a few occasionally bumping into me. I put my Calculus textbook and was about to take out my textbook for my last class when I heard my name being called.

"Lexi." I heard a male's voice behind me, and turned around to see Gilinsky forcing his way through the groups of people towards me. 

"Hey." I smiled, grabbing my textbook and shutting my locker. 

"I was wondering if you wanted to maybe do something after school today?" He asked, leaning against the lockers next to mine. 

"I'd love to. Meet here after?" I asked, gesturing to my locker.

"I'll be waiting." He winked, walking away and hurrying off to class. I stood there, watching him walk away, a smile on my face. Just then the bell rang, but I didn't bother to rush, as my History of Art/Advanced Art class teacher usually isn't there the first few minutes of class anyways. I walked down the hall, going down the stairs and into my class. 

"You're late Lexi." Jordyn, the girl who I've become friends with in the couple days I've been here, and who also sits by me, stated as she took out her textbook and a journal.

"I know, but Ms. LouAnne isn't even here yet." I shrugged, setting my textbook that I had carried here on the table, also taking out my journal. 

"Don't make it a habit, sometimes she's here on time." She giggled, looking at the board to see what we needed to do today. I looked over too, once I had finally gotten settled, seeing that we had to do the Interactive Assignment on page 39, which meant we needed a partner and had to talk about the small summary the book provided, coming up with a project idea from it. 

"I hate these." Jordyn sighed, as we both opened our books after we'd automatically assumed each other to be our partner. I flipped to page 39 and read the summary, which was on the concepts of Michelangelo's works. I grabbed my phone from my backpack and went to iMessage, going to Sammy and I's texts.

Me : hey, I won't need a ride home today, Gilinsky and I are doing something (dont ask what, I really dont know) 

A minute or so later, she replied. She's always on her phone, I'm not surprised.

Sammyyyyy : okay, i'll pick u up tho, because if dad sees his car, he'll murder us both. unless he has to stay late for work, but i'll keep u updated :)

Me : okay thanks :)

I quickly pressed 'send' just as Ms. LouAnne walked in the door, and slipped my phone back into my bag. I turned my attention back to Michelangelo as Jordyn and I talked, my eyes glancing at the clock the whole period. 

AFTER SCHOOL

"Told you I'd be waiting." Gilinsky called out to me as I walked towards my locker. 

"Oh shut up." I hit his arm as I began turning the lock to my combo and the metal door popped open moments later. 

"So what did you wanna do?" I asked, as we walked away from my locker and down the hall, going to the front doors of the massive school. 

"I was thinking we could go to this little café that's really close, on me. Then there's this park nearby that we could go to and just walk around." He suggested. 

"I have money, are you sure?" I questioned, not wanting him to have to pay for me too. 

"Positive." He looked at me, before stopping in front of a car and unlocking it. I got in the passenger's seat and he started the car, pulling it out of the parking lot. 

"How was your day?" He asked, making small talk.

"It was good, art was actually kinda boring, which is a sentence that I never thought I would say in my entire life. Math and government went by pretty fast, probably because we didn't do a lot of hard work. How was yours?" I asked, realizing that I was rambling. 

"It was boring, this has been the best part of the day." He said, looking over at me momentarily, causing my cheeks to heat up, as I looked out the window so he wouldn't see. 

AFTER HAVING COFFEE AT THE CAFE

"After you m'lady." Jack smiled, opening the small restaurant's door, exposing the cool air. 

"Why thank you." I smiled, my little remaining drink in a Starbucks-like cup in my hands, keeping them warm. I followed Jack down the street a little bit, throwing out my empty cup along the way, before we entered a gate surrounding trees and plants and a concrete path winding between. I took my phone from my pocket and texted Sam.

Sammyyyyy : hey its 4:00 now, could you come get me at 4:45 ish? we just left a café. 

I pressed send and locked my phone, replacing it in the pocket of my jacket. A few minutes after my phone vibrated, and I read the text.

Sammyyyyy : I can't pick you up, I was just with Johnson and something happened. at least go inside somewhere, it's still poruing, I'm at dennis' house sorry

"Why did you move here?" He asked after a few minutes of walking along the pavement. 

"My mom is marrying Sam's dad, so me and my brother and mom moved in with Sam and her dad. I haven't even unpacked yet actually." I stated. 

"I could come over and help you with that sometime, if you need..." He suggested, kicking a pebble that bounced away and onto the grass. 

"I don't think that would be a great idea," I quickly answered, knowing Carl doesn't like Jack and Jack, but managing to cover it up, "It's just that I don't have a lot of stuff to unpack. We moved on a really short notice." 

"Well, we could take this back to my place instead then." Gilinsky commented, as I felt a few raindrops land on my face. 

"Excuse me?" I countered.

"I'm sorry, I thought you wanted to-" He stopped walking and looked at me like I was crazy.

"What made you think that?" I interrupted. 

"Just the way you've been acting!" He said loudly, as it began to rain hard, basically pouring. 

"We met two days ago! I should've known you were just getting close to me to use me and get in my pants! I thought you were different!" I yelled on the brink of tears, my now soaked hair sticking to the sides of my face. Thunder suddenly boomed overhead, the two of us the only ones in the park. 

"Well I guess I somehow didn't see that you were an entitled bitch!" He yelled back, clenching his jaw, as the rain began to fall harder if that was even possible. 

"I wish I never even went to that goddamn party and met you!" I screamed, and just as I did, lightning struck a tree not that far away from us. I turned around and pulled out my phone, ignoring what Jack was saying behind me. I dialed Riley's number.

"Can you come get me please? I'm on 29th street..." I said, in between sobs.

---A/N---

...

-lexi