48

Lexi's POV

"So you're gonna get married when he gets back from boot camp?" I asked Sam. We were out having lunch at a cute little café. Since the party a couple days ago she's just been home and I wanted to get her out of the house to get her mind off Shayne being gone. 

"Well he said we're gonna talk about it when he gets back. But I think he'll agree to it." She nodded. I ate one of my fries, dipping it in ranch first. 

"That's very spontaneous... have you really thought about it? I mean that you're sure you're not just rushing into it?" I asked her. I took a bite of another fry, before deciding I was full.

"I'm sure. I love him, a lot. It's different this time." She said. 

"Okay, I just don't wanna see you get hurt." I smiled. Our waitress came to our table and brought a couple boxes, noticing we both had only ate about half our food. I was putting my leftovers in the to go container when my phone started to ring. I saw "jack<3" light up on the screen, and answered it. 

"Hey baby." Jack said. 

"Hi. What's up?" I asked. 

"I just got off work early, do you wanna hang out or are you busy?" He asked me. I looked at the time and saw it was almost 1:30. 

What time do you work? I mouthed to Sammy. Two, she mouthed back. 

"Sure, I'm just with Sam right now but she works at two, so I could come over now." I told my boyfriend. 

"Okay, I have plans for us so just meet me at my house and we'll go from there." He excitedly said. 

"You're the cutest, I'll see you in a bit. I love you." I smiled. 

"I love you, drive safe!" He said, before hanging up. Sam and I paid for our lunch and left the café. 

"I'll text you later, have a good day! Love you!" I waved to Sammy as we walked to our separate cars in the parking lot. 

"Okay, you too, bye love you!" She smiled. I got in my car and put on music before beginning to drive to Jack's house. It was about twenty minutes. 

"Hi baby." I heard Jack's voice as I got out of my car. 

"Hi love." I smiled, walking over to my boyfriend and giving him a hug. He had his car keys in his hand. 

"Are we going somewhere?" I asked, as we stood in his driveway. 

"Yes. I was thinking we go to the mall, first to Target and then to Bath and Body Works, and then whatever other stores. And then hit Dutch Bros on our way back to my house where I have a surprise later... does that sound okay?" He asked with a smirk. 

"Really? Babe, those are all my favorite places..." I excitedly said. We got  in his car and once we got to the mall, went straight into the Target next door. We got some face masks to do together, and matching pajamas just because. At Bath and Body Works, I got some new perfumes. We went into Forever 21 and H&M, but I didn't find anything there. By the time we left the mall it was now almost 4:00pm. We were currently back in the car on our way back to Jack's house, with Dutch Bros in hand. 

"I had fun today, thank you babe." I smiled. 

"It's not over yet..." He winked. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and pulled it out to see a text from my brother.

Riley: where are you? mom is pissed at me and wants me out of the house for the night. 

"What's up?" Jack asked me, noticing me sigh. 

"My mom is mad at Riley, I don't know why, but he was gonna stay out of the house tonight, he asked me where I am." I explained. 

"He can come hang out with us." He shrugged. Jack and Riley are actually friends now, I'm not sure when they decided that, I guess I wasn't around and they talked about it. 

"Are you sure?" I asked, feeling bad. 

"Yeah, he can even stay the night too, if he wants." Jack smiled. 

Me: I'm staying at Jack's tonight, you can come over and stay over too if you want. We are almost at his house now.

I responded, and only a minute or so later, got a text back. 

Riley: cool thank you, i'll be there soon. 

We got to Jack's house a few minutes later, and I grabbed my bags and brought them into the house. 

"Hey mom, Lexi's here and Riley is coming over too!" Jack yelled on our way upstairs. 

"Okay, your sister and I are going out soon to do a couple errands." His mom appeared at the top of the stairs. "Hi honey." She smiled when she saw me. 

"Hey," I smiled back, giving her a hug when I got to the top stair. Jack pulled me to his room after talking to his mom, and my eyes lit up. On his bed were tons of snacks, a hoodie, and a teddy bear with a heart on its stomach. Jack had hung fairy lights around the room, and there were a stack of pillows and blankets on the bed as well. 

"I know you haven't been doing so great lately, so I thought tonight we could have a cozy movie night. I was hoping it would make you feel a little better even if it's just for tonight." Jack smiled. 

"Thank you, Jack. I love you." I hugged him. I hadn't talked to him about how I've been lately, I guess he just noticed it on his own. I walked over to the bed and immediately put on the new sweatshirt that Jack must've either worn or just sprayed his cologne on it. I put on my pajama pants with it, and Jack changed into a plain t-shirt and his matching pajama pants. Jack leaned down and kissed me, right as the doorbell went off. 

"So much for that." I laughed, heading downstairs to answer the door, as Jack turned the tv on in his room. I opened the door and Riley came in, a backpack over his shoulder. 

"Hey." I greeted him with a hug. 

"Hi." He sighed. I closed the door behind him.

"How come mom's mad at you?" I asked as we walked up the stairs. 

"She found my weed in my gym bag." He said quietly, as I glared at him. 

"I thought you told her about that awhile ago-" I was saying before we walked into Jack's bedroom. 

"Hey man." Jack smiled, giving him a bro hug.

"Hey," Riley instantly noticed the shopping bags, the snacks, and the teddy bear and lights around the room. He then looked at Jack's outfit then mine. 

"Damn... you must reallyyyy love her dude. Like what a spoiled little-" Riley was saying before I punched his shoulder. 

"OKAY anyways... what do we wanna watch?" I asked, rolling my eyes before jumping onto the bed and grabbing the bag of sour patch kids, looking forward to the night to come.