38

Lexi's POV

"That was a fun party." Nick said as we were in the car. He was taking me home, normally I would've just spent the night with him but I have homework to do tomorrow before school on Monday. This week is our last week of high school.

"Yeah it was. Shayne seems like a really good guy for Sam." I said.

"I think so too. She seemed really happy." He agreed.

"So... have you and Riley talked since the other day when you stopped by?" I asked.

"No we haven't, I've tried texting him a couple times but he just hasn't answered." He told me.

"I'm sorry Nick.. this is my fault." I sighed, looking over at him.

"What? No it's not your fault at all. I'm the one who asked you out. And you didn't do anything wrong babe." He reassured me, kissing my hand that he was holding.

"Okay..." I nodded.

"By the way, we can sign the papers for the apartment tomorrow." He grinned.

"That's... awesome." I forced a smile. I wanted to talk to him about all this because it didn't feel right, but I was scared to. 

"Everything ok?" He asked, obviously seeing through me. 

"Yeah. I'm good." I nodded. He parked in front of my house and I was surprised to see no lights on in the house, but remembered that Riley was staying the night at a friends house and my parents were out of town for the weekend. 

"Okay." He smiled, before leaning over and kissing me. It was crazy though how perfect our lips fit together. I heard my phone vibrate from in my purse that was on the floor, but ignored it as we kept kissing. It vibrated again and I pulled away from Nick, reaching into my purse to check what was causing it to blow up. To my surprise, Jack had texted me a couple times. 

'Hey.'

'Can we talk sometime soon?'

I read both messages and sighed as I put my phone back in my purse. 

"I should get going..." I told Nick. 

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow then." He smiled, giving me one last kiss. I got out of the car and walked across the driveway.

"I love you baby." He said, leaning out the window as I stood in front of the door, fumbling with my keys. 

"Love you too." I laughed, before he drove away. I pushed the door open and kicked off my shoes as soon as I was inside. I locked the door behind me and went upstairs to my room. I changed into shorts and a big hoodie and picked up my phone to reply to Jack. Just as I was about to send the message reading 'I guess so, when?', I heard a knock on the door. It was after one in the morning, I don't know who would be at the door. I walked down the stairs and opened the door to see Jack Gilinsky himself. 

"Riley isn't home tonight, Jack." I sighed, just about ready to close the door again until he spoke. 

"I know. I'm here to see you." He said. It looked like he had been crying, but maybe he was just tired. I thought for a few seconds before opening the door fully so he could come in. We walked into the living room and sat down on the couch. 

"So you wanted to talk." I said, looking at him. 

"Yeah. Have you figured out what you're gonna do? You said the other night you don't know what you're doing." He asked. 

"Um... we're supposed to sign the papers tomorrow for the apartment but I don't think I can. It doesn't feel right. He said I love you and I said it back but it didn't feel right coming out of me." I sighed, feeling myself tearing up. 

"Come here." Jack said, patting the space next to him with an arm out. I moved over and he wrapped his arms around me, and then we were just laying together on the couch. It felt familiar to be in his arms, and I felt safe. 

"I think that gives you your answer right there... you don't love him. Maybe you like the idea of being with him but you don't love him." Jack said to me. 

"Maybe you're right." I agreed, reaching up and wiping away my tears. "Why couldn't you have just called me, instead of coming over?" 

"I wanted to see you... I really miss you." He quietly told me. 

"I miss you too... I miss us, Jack. But I'm scared." I said, more tears falling down my face. 

"Scared about what?" He asked me, as he ran his hands through my hair. 

"Well you did break my heart... I would just be scared of that happening again if I gave you another chance." I told him honestly. 

"I would do anything for another chance, and if I got that I wouldn't ever hurt you, I promise." He said. 

"I'll have to think about it." I responded. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I missed this feeling. I felt myself drifting off to sleep, and my dreams were full of memories of Jack and I... 

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping. I opened my eyes and was in my bed. Jack wasn't anywhere in sight, which doesn't make sense because the last thing I remember was falling asleep with Jack on the couch.

"There's no way that was all a dream... right?" I said out loud to myself as I sat up in bed. I checked my phone to see a text from Jack from around three in the morning. 

Jack G: hey, i'm home now. I didn't want you getting in trouble because of me, I brought you up to bed since you were fast asleep. also didn't wanna have to try and explain that to your mom. I hope you slept well :) text me later x

I smiled and texted back.

I did sleep well thanks, although your arms were much comfier. do you wanna grab lunch together today? :)

It only took a few seconds to get a reply from him. 

oh i bet they were. and I'd love to, i'll pick you up at 12:30 x