16

Lexi's POV

"Well what if I fucked her why does it matter to you" Gilinsky said smirking. I looked at him and then at Sam.

"Well watch this." Johnson said, and the next thing I knew, our lips connected. Without thinking I kissed back, as one of his hands traveled to my waist. 

"You have to be kidding me." I heard Sam say, clearly bothered by what was currently happening. 

I pulled away, noticing that both Sam and Gilinsky had walked away and a few people were staring at us. I looked at Johnson. 

"I'm going to class." I said, but Jack grabbed my hand as I tried to walk away. 

"Meet me outside during lunch." He said. I nodded, walking towards my art class. I went into the room and sat down at my usual seat and took out one of the drawings I was working on. 

"I wonder what happened between her and Gilinsky." I heard one of the popular guys whisper to a friend as they both looked at their phones, before glancing over at me. I grabbed my phone from my bag and went to Twitter to see a picture of Johnson and I kissing that already had been retweeted by half the school. I felt sick to my stomach, so I grabbed my drawings, not bothering to put them in my bag and walking out of the room. I texted Jack, telling him to meet me by the gym. 

jack j: okay

jack j: do u wanna just leave

me: sure

I walked towards the gym, and only waited a couple minutes before I saw him walking towards me, looking pissed, his backpack over one shoulder and his phone in hand. 

"Did you see it?" I asked him as I pushed open one of the front doors. 

"Yes I saw it. And so did Sam and G. Sam is pissed, I'm assuming, about that too." He said, getting his car keys from his backpack as we walked through the parking lot. 

"Well we're mad at them. So I guess they have every right to be mad at us Jack." I said, as we got in his car. 

"I know, but we wouldn't have had this problem if Gilinsky didn't take Sam home with him." He said, pulling out of the parking spot and out of the rows of cars and onto the street.

"But he did that cause I went home with Nick." I said, holding onto my drawings that were resting on my lap. 

"This isn't all your fault." He said. "Where are we going?" He asked, changing the subject. 

"We can go to my house, my mom and stepdad are at work." I told him, knowing he isn't exactly welcome at Sam and I's house. And right now, I'm trying to stay on my mom's good side.

"Won't your brother be home?" He asked. 

"I don't know, but he won't have a problem with us being there." I thought out loud. We spent the rest of the ride in silence until we pulled into the driveway next to Riley's car. I tried opening the front door and to my surprise, it was unlocked. 

"Hello??" I heard him call out, sounding concerned.

"It's me, Ri. Jack is with me." I yelled back.

"Okay." He yelled, followed by a door closing. I walked into the living room and we sat down on the couch. I set my drawings on the coffee table and my backpack on the floor.  

"Holy shit." Jack suddenly said, as I looked at him. 

"What?" I asked. 

"These are good. Like really good." He said, looking through my drawings. 

"Thanks..." I said, looking at them too, but noticing each and every flaw.

"You never said you could draw." He commented. 

"You never asked." I shrugged.

"I have more upstairs if you wanna see those." I suggested, followed by a yawn. We went upstairs to my room and Jack sat down on my bed as I looked through my desk. After looking for almost ten minutes, I came to the conclusion that they must be still packed away in one of the last boxes somewhere. 

"I can't find them." I sighed, sitting next to him. 

"It's fine." He said. 

"It's like a never ending bad dream." I said out loud. 

"What do you mean?" He questioned. I sighed.

"This whole situation we're in. One thing leads to another and everything just keeps getting worse." I said, my vision blurring, as I reached up to wipe away a tear that was starting to fall. 

"We all do. This isn't something any of us asked for but we'll figure it out." He said, trying to reassure me. 

"But what if it's too late? What if by the time we figure out what's happening and how to fix it and when we fix it, we've wasted our lives because of it?" I asked, more tears falling as I thought about it. Jack layed down, patting the space next to him. I laid next to him as he wrapped his arms around me to comfort me. 

"I just don't wanna do this anymore Jack..." I whispered, tears falling steadily as I closed my eyes. 

... 

"What the hell are you doing here?!" 

"What is he doing here?" 

"Well are you gonna explain why you two were sleeping together?" 

I opened my eyes to see Gilinsky and Sam standing in my room and Johnson sitting up in my bed. I sat up and looked at everyone's faces. 

"You were crying." Sam pointed out. 

"No I wasn't." I lied. She rolled her eyes. 

"Don't lie to me." She scoffed. 

"Okay, you caught me! I wouldn't have been crying if you hadn't gone home with Jack!" I raised my voice. 

"Because you went home with Nick! That was your choice!" She yelled. 

"So it's my fault that Jack was mad at me??" I yelled, standing up. 

"Can we all just agree that none of this bullshit would've happened if you two didn't go to Nick's party?" Gilinsky asked loudly, motioning to Sam and I. I looked at her, anger inside me but I wasn't the one who was feeling that way. 

"Fuck you, Jack." I said, shaking my head as I looked into his dark, almost intimidating eyes. 

---A/N---

i rarely swear but the chapter needed it. 

L