42

Lexi's POV

It's been a couple days since Sam and I went out for lunch and the Jacks were there too.

I put on my black satin mini dress and heels and looked in the mirror. Jack was having a party but I wanted to dress up for once. I had my hair straightened but the only makeup I put on was mascara and lip gloss. It was almost 7:00, and I was leaving soon. I walked across the hall to Riley's room, to find him playing video games. He looked up and his eyes widened. He immediately paused his game.

"Where are you going and why are you dressed like that?" He asked me. 

"I actually came to talk to you about it." I told him. 

"A party?" He asked. 

"Yeah. And I'm gonna be hanging out with Jack again-" I started to say but was cut off.

"Gilinsky?" Riley interrupted. 

"Yes. I know you don't exactly like him, but I still love him. And yeah, I could get hurt again, but I'm willing to take that risk because he means a lot to me. I appreciate you looking out for me, but I'm gonna do what makes me happy, and Jack makes me happy." I told him. He looked at me and sighed. 

"Okay. If he makes you happy." He nodded. 

"So you're not mad..." I asked. 

"No, I'm just trying to protect you." He said, and I walked over and hugged him. 

"Thank you." I told him. 

"Yeah, yeah... now get out of here." He laughed, pushing me off of him. "Text me if you need me to pick you up."

"Okay, byeeee." I said, leaving his room and grabbing my phone and purse from my room. I checked to make sure my car keys were in my purse. I headed out the front door and got into my car. I started it and buckled up but before I left, I sent Jack a text telling him I was on my way. I was excited for tonight. I haven't been to a party in awhile because the Jack's parties are like the only ones I ever go to. Sam won't be going tonight because Johnson will be there, so that'll be sort of weird to be there without her. 

I parked on the street in front of Jack's house and there weren't as many cars as I expected. I got out of the car and walked up to the front door that was partially opened. I walked in to see some of Jack's friends in the living room. I walked around the corner to the kitchen where Jack was mixing up a drink. He saw me and looked me up and down. 

"Damn baby, you look gorgeous." He put an arm around my waist and kissed me. 

"Thank you handsome." I smiled. 

"I have something for you." He said, setting his drink down and grabbing my hand, pulling me with him upstairs. We went into his room. 

"Ok. Close your eyes." He told me. 

"Really?" I laughed, but did as he said. 

"Yes really." He said. I heard him opening a drawer behind me and then I felt something go around my neck. 

"Open." He said, and I looked down to see a gold necklace on me. It was one of those pretty cursive name necklaces and it read 'Jack' on it. 

"Aww, Jack." I said, going over to his mirror to look at it better. 

"I was gonna give that to you when we were together to replace your favorite necklace you had lost. I couldn't find it for awhile and I just found it again yesterday." He told me. 

"I love it." I said, turning around and hugging him. "Does this mean I'm yours again?" I asked him. 

"I believe it does." He said, kissing me on the forehead. We went back downstairs as more people arrived and it had barely been over an hour since I got there and the house was pretty full. Jack was talking to some friends and I went back to the kitchen to get another drink. I saw a girl standing in the kitchen and she looked familiar, and I realized I'd met her at one of Jack's parties before. 

"Hey Skye!" I said to her and she turned to look at me. 

"Hey Lexi, how are you? You look so good!" She smiled. 

"Aw thanks! You do too. And I'm good, how are you?" I asked her, picking up a bottle of rosé and pouring it into my cup. 

"I'm really good. I haven't seen you around at the last couple parties tho?" She said to me, taking a sip of her drink. 

"Jack and I broke up for awhile. We're back together now." I smiled, setting the bottle back down on the counter. 

"Ah that explains your necklace. And Jack as in Gilinsky? Or Johnson?" She asked me. 

"Yeah he actually just gave this to me, and yeah, Gilinsky." I nodded, taking a sip of my wine. 

"You guys are really cute together." She told me. "Oh my god I love this song, do you wanna go dance!?" 

"Sure, why not." I laughed, setting down my drink as Skye grabbed my hand and pulled me into the middle of the crowd of people in the living room. We ended up dancing for what felt like hours and I hung out with her for most of the party. People were now starting to leave but we were still having fun. 

"I should get going, it's almost midnight." Skye leaned closer to me so I could hear her over the music. 

"Okay, text me later!" I said, giving her a hug. 

"I will, see ya girly!" She said, walking away.

I walked out to the backyard to look for my boyfriend, when I suddenly felt arms wrap around me from behind. I turned to see Jack. 

"You looked like you were having fun." He said. 

"Yeah, I was just looking for you. " I smiled. 

"When do you have to be home by?" Jack asked me, looking at his watch. The watch I gave him awhile back for his birthday. 

"I should probably get going if it's already midnight." I told him. 

"How much have you had to drink baby?" He asked me. 

"Only like two or three drinks. I think I only had two." I shrugged. "I can drive. I'll be fine." 

"Are you sure? Why don't you call Riley?" He asked me. 

"Jack I'll be okay I promise. I'll text you when I get home, okay?" I reassured him. 

"Okay. I love you princess." He said, kissing me before I went back into the house to grab my purse and left. I drove home no problem and parked in the driveway. I walked inside as quietly as I could. I was going up to my room and saw that Riley's light was still on in his room. 

"Hey, I'm home now." I said, peeking my head in the door. 

"Okay good, I was getting worried." He said.

"Well I'm safe. A little tipsy but I'm safe." I laughed to myself. I went to my room and texted Jack that I was home. I put on a pair of sweatpants and a big tshirt and fell asleep, still wearing my 'Jack' necklace.