8

(FRIDAY)

Lexi's POV

I waited outside for Riley to come out. School ended twenty minutes ago and he was still inside. I would be getting a ride from Sam but she left early because she didn't feel well. That was so weird how she felt Johnson's pain... I'm sure it was just mentally. I felt my phone vibrate in my hand, and looked down to see a text from my mom. 

Mother : hey... are you and riley on your way home yet? 

Me : he's still inside idk why

Mother : okay... see you at home

Me : yep

I heard the front doors open and turned to see Riley walking towards me. 

"Sorry, I was just talking to a friend about a project we have to work on this weekend." He apologized as I walked with him to his car. 

"It's okay." I said blankly. I've been kinda down today, and I don't really know why, I guess after the fight Gilinsky and I got into. 

"Are you hungry?" He asked, once we drove out of the parking lot. 

"A bit." I shrugged. 

"Chinese food it is then." He smiled as he turned left, on the way to town, knowing the way to my heart...

"We'll get an orange chicken and chow mien meal, and a spicy beef and broccoli meal please." Riley said, pulling out his credit card as we stood at the counter inside the Chinese restaurant. 

"Thanks Ri." I said, as we sat down at waited for our food. 

"No problem. Do you wanna explain what happened yesterday though?" He asked, putting the card back in his wallet, and returning the wallet to his pocket before turning his attention back to me.

"You can only tell you if you promise not to tell mom or Carl or anyone, okay?" I asked seriously. 

"Have I ever broken a promise?" He asked. 

"Okay fine, I was with Jack..." I said, my voice low. 

"Jack who?" He asked, the look on his face saying 'Please don't tell me the Jack I'm thinking of...'

"Gilinsky." I sighed. 

"Why?" He asked in confusion. 

"Sam knows the Jacks and that's whose party we went to the other night. Me and him hit it off right away, and he asked me at school yesterday if I wanted to do something after school and I agreed and we got into this dumb fight." I explained, as a girl brought over our food. 

"Thank you." Riley told her, before changing the subject back to yesterday. "What was the fight about?" 

I opened my Styrofoam takeout container of orange chicken and took a bite before continuing. 

"He was being a tool and then he called me an entitled bitch." I said quietly, taking another bite, not wanting to talk anymore. 

"Well don't tell me you're going to talk to him again." He said, and I didn't say anything. 

"I don't know." I shrugged, knowing I actually would. 

"Well you're not going to like me telling you this but I'm friends with him." Riley said. 

"You're kidding." I felt my stomach drop. He didn't say anything.

"Riley! You really are?" I asked, getting a nod out of him. We talked about other things, per my request, until we finished eating and got back in the car to go home. 

Gilinsky's POV

"She's never gonna forgive me dude." I told Johnson, letting the basketball roll off my fingertips and into the basket. 

"Just try talking to her." He told me, stealing the ball from me once I grabbed it, and in the process, elbowing me in the side of the face. 

"Shit dude, that hurt." I said, rubbing the side of my face.

"Sorry... you have her number don't you?" He asked, dunking the ball in the hoop. 

"Yeah, we exchanged numbers after Dennis' birthday thing." I said.

Lexi's POV 

I'd been unpacking for hours since Riley and I got home and was opening a box of clothes to start unpacking things into my closet when I felt a sharp pain, almost like a headache, on the side of my head.

"Ow..." I said out loud, rubbing where the mysterious pain was. I looked at my phone to see what time it was. 

10:30 PM 

New iMessage from Gilinsky-

Gilinsky: i'm sorry about yesterday, i was overreacting and i had a shitty day

I hesitated before beginning to type a message back. 

Me: i'm not just going to forgive you that fast 

I set my phone back down and not even five minutes later, my phone notified me with the familiar sound of a text. I turned off my bedroom light and sat on my bed. 

Gilinsky: I know but I was a jerk, and I like you a lot Lexi

Me: how do you know that you do?

FLASHBACK

"You lied to me Jake!" I yelled as my boyfriend walked into my room from his friend's house, tears streaming down my face. 

"What are you talking about Lexi?" He asked, concerned.

"You don't love me..." I shook my head. "You never did." 

"Of course I love you, what do you mean?" He asked, raising his voice.

"This! This is what I'm talking about." I said, showing him the picture on my phone. Some girl, who I'm assuming was at Jake's friend's house with them, posted a picture of her and Jake making out on the couch. With a heart as the caption.

"It's not what it looks like..." He said, sighing.

"I don't wanna hear it Jake!" I said, tossing my phone on my bed. 

"Then what do you want?" He asked. 

"I wanna know why you cheated on me!" I looked at him. He didn't say anything.

"Ok. Leave then." I said, pointing to my door. 

"Lexi no, I-" He said, grabbing my hand. I pulled away.

"Leave." I said, feeling defeated.

END OF FLASHBACK

Gilinsky: come to our party tomorrow night

Me: fine .. if sam doesn't wanna go then i might need a ride, cause my brother probably won't wanna take me

Gilinsky: okay let me know if i need to pick u up. otherwise see you there ;)

---A/N---

another jack and jack party?? wonder how this one will go...

-lexi