32

Lexi's POV

"Why're we going to the mall so early?" Jack yawned as we walked out of his front door. It was just after 10:30 in the morning.

"Cause it's Saturday and it's gonna be really busy. And you also love your girlfriend and would do anything for her." I added with a smile as he got in the drivers seat.

"I mean... that's true I guess." He teased. I playfully rolled my eyes as I buckled my seatbelt. 

"I need a dress for graduation. That's the main priority." I told him as he pulled out of the driveway and onto the street. 

"I can't believe we're graduating in three weeks. Time flew by way too fast." He sighed. It was about a twenty minute drive to the mall. We found a parking spot near the entrance and went straight to the dress shop. We were in there for about half an hour until I walked out with the perfect dress. 

"Alright, where to next?" I asked, as we walked through the crowds of people. 

"How about... Victoria's Secret?" He smirked. 

"You're such a boy." I laughed. "But fine." I gave in as we turned the corner and walked down another part of the mall. 

"Jack Gilinsky." A female voice said above the hum of the people walking around us. Both Jack and I turned around to see a brunette walking towards us. She was wearing a short black dress with a leather jacket and heels and, in my opinion, too much makeup. 

"Uh, hi." Jack answered, his body tensing up. 

"Fancy seeing you here." She said, looking at Jack.

"Not really, there's only one mall in the city." He rolled his eyes. 

"This your girl?" She asked, eyeing me up and down as I suddenly felt self-conscious with what I was wearing compared to her. 

"Why do you care?" Jack asked, and I could see him clenching his jaw. 

"I'm Madison by the way." She said to me, a smug look on her face. 

"Lexi." I hesitated, confused as to who she was and why she was talking to my boyfriend. And it was obvious they knew each other. 

"Didn't think I'd see you around so soon." She turned her attention back to Jack. 

"Yeah, well I didn't think I'd see you ever again." He responded, clearly getting annoyed. 

"Don't lie to yourself, Jacky." She pouted, batting her eyelashes. 

"Are you trying to make my life hell? Why did you even wanna talk to me?" He asked, raising his voice. 

"You always said afterwards that it was fun. I thought we could do it one last time." She shrugged. People were now starting to stare as they walked by.  

"We're never doing that again Madison!" Jack yelled. And in that moment I finally figured out who she was, and got that sinking feeling in my stomach. 

"Oh my god Jack. You cheated on me?!" I asked him in disbelief, pulling my hand away from his. 

"She's a smart one." Madison commented, that smug look returning to her face. 

"Baby..." He looked at me. 

"Don't you 'baby' me." I responded. 

"It was only one-" He started to say. 

"Oh you wish it was only once." Madison laughed, getting a glare from Jack. 

"I can't believe you. It's over Jack. You can have him all to yourself now." I shook my head, glancing at Madison as I said the last part, trying so hard to hold in tears. 

"Lexi-" He started to say as he walked towards me. 

"No. We're done." I answered quietly as I turned around and walked away. 

"Do you see what you fucking did? Are you happy now?" I heard Jack yell. I sat down on the edge of a fountain and grabbed my phone from my pocket. I dialed the number before pressing the phone to my ear. 

"Hey." My brother answered. 

"Um, are you at home?" I asked, looking at the crowded mall and not seeing Jack come after me. 

"No, why?" 

"Oh, I was just wondering if you could pick me up. But it's fine." I answered. 

"It's okay, I'll come get you. I'm just at the mall with Clare and a couple friends." He told me, as a wave of relief washed over me. 

"I'm at the mall too actually. I'm by Nordstrom." I told him looking around me. 

"Oh. Okay I'll be there in a few minutes." He said, hanging up. Clare was his new girlfriend. She goes to the college about an hour from us. I've only met her once.  

"Lexi!" I heard a voice and saw Jack pushing through people to get to me. 

"I'm sorry. I messed up bad. I'm so so sorry." He said once he'd reached me, taking my hand. 

"Don't touch me." I said through gritted teeth as a tear escaped my eye. 

"Please give me another chance." He begged. 

"I can't do that." I said, not being able to look him in the eye. I saw Jack look behind me, causing me to do so also. I saw my brother, his friend Joey, Clare, and someone that I wasn't expecting: Nick. He smiled at me but it faded when he must've seen the tears on my face. 

"Don't tell me you did this to her." Riley said, walking towards Jack. 

"Riley don't." I said. Clare looked at me and gave me a sympathetic smile. Riley shoved Jack and said something, causing Jack to look at me before nodding. Riley shook his head before waving Jack off, as he defeatedly walked away. Riley walked back towards the four of us standing there watching. I felt more tears fall as he hugged me tightly. I felt him grab his car keys from his pocket and hand them to someone. 

"We'll meet you at the car." He said. I felt like I couldn't stop crying as we just stood there in the middle of the mall. 

"You're not going back to him again, okay?" Riley clarified as he let go of me. 

"Yeah. Trust me, I won't." I scoffed as I wiped away the last of my tears. Everyone else was waiting in the car in front of the mall. I climbed in the backseat next to Nick. 

"Long time no talk." He quietly said to me, as Riley never knew that Nick and I talked. I remembered that night I left Jack at the party and Nick brought me home. But now Jack isn't in the picture. 

"It has been a while..." I whispered back, and I actually smiled a little. 

---A/N---

yes that was madison beer

lex