24

LATE THAT NIGHT- Lexi's POV

"Are you sure?" I asked Jack as we sat in his car in front of his house. 

"Yes, I'm sure. Come on." He smiled, getting out of the car as I hesitantly did too. I walked around the car and walked beside him up his driveway. He took my hand and opened the front door. It was around 10:00 and we were gonna hang out but I knew it wouldn't end well if we did at my house. 

"Mom, I'm home." Jack called out as we kicked off our shoes and walked down the hallway.

"I thought you were spending the night with Johnson and-" His mom said as we walked into the kitchen. 

"Oh hi Lexi." She smiled warmly at me. 

"Hi Mrs. Gilinsky." I smiled back at her. She noticed Jack and I's hands. 

"How are you hun?" She asked. 

"I'm great, how are you?" I responded. 

"Exhausted from work. What are you two up to?" She asked, now looking at Jack. 

"We were just gonna hang out." He shrugged. 

"Okay. Your sister is asleep so don't be too loud whatever you guys are doing." She said, setting down the dish towel she was holding. 

"Okay." Jack nodded, pulling me upstairs with him. We quietly went past his sister Olivia's room and into his room. He shut the door behind him. 

"Can we watch a movie?" I asked. 

"Yeah... do you wanna change into something comfier?" He asked, causing me to look down at my skinny jeans and crop top I was wearing. He walked into his closet and returned not even a minute later, one of his long sleeve shirts in his hand. 

"Thanks." I smiled a little as I walked into his bathroom and shut the door behind me. I changed out of my jeans and top and put on Jack's shirt. It fell mid-thigh on me, equivalent to a really short dress. I rolled up the sleeves and took my hair out of the bun it was in, letting my hair fall down past my shoulders in loose waves. I left the bathroom, my clothes in hand and set them down next to my purse. 

"You look good in my clothes." Jack commented, and I looked over to see him sitting on his bed shirtless and wearing sweatpants. He had his laptop in front of him and I saw the Netflix logo on the screen. 

"Thanks." I said, feeling myself blush. I walked over and got into Jack's bed, burying myself under the blankets. 

"How about 'The Blind Side'?" Jack asked me, as I watched him scroll through the movies.

"Sure." I yawned, suddenly feeling tired. He pressed play and put the laptop between us and leaned back, as I wrapped my arms around his torso and used his chest as a pillow. 

"You're gonna fall asleep aren't you?" Jack laughed. 

"No, I'm just resting my eyes. I'm still listening." I said, not even realizing when my eyes had closed. 

"It's okay, if you're tired, then sleep." He whispered, gently kissing the top of my head. 

"I love you." I said. 

"I love you too babygirl." He answered, as I dozed off. 

MORNING

I went to reach for Jack but I couldn't find him, resulting in me opening my eyes and sitting up. I looked around at his room, not seeing him anywhere. The clock on his nightstand read 8:39 am. I checked my phone and didn't have any texts or calls. I got up and put my hair in a bun and opened Jack's bedroom door. I saw a small piece of folded up paper on the hallway floor. I picked it up and opened it. 

come down the stairs ;)

I laughed to myself and walked down the wooden steps into the living room, and was surprised to see no one there. I walked into the kitchen to see Jack leaning against the counter, a mug of coffee in his hand. 

"Good morning princess." He smiled. I saw a big bouquet of roses on the counter and a red envelope. 

"Good morning Jack." I smiled, walking over and giving him a hug. He wrapped his arms tightly around me. 

"Happy 3 months." He said, pressing his lips to mine. 

"Aw babe, you didn't have to do this." I said, as he handed me the envelope. 

"But I wanted to." He winked. I opened the envelope and pulled out a black card with white writing and hearts on the front. I opened it and read what my boyfriend had wrote.

'Mi amor,

I never thought I'd find a girl who makes me as happy as you do. You are the light on my darkest days and the person I never want to leave even if it's just after school or for the night. I don't know how I got so lucky to have my girlfriend, best friend, and partner in crime all in one person, but I couldn't be more grateful for that. I love you Lexi. Happy 3 month anniversary xoxo

p.s. i'm taking you out to dinner, wear your fanciest dress'

"I love you Jack." I smiled, looking up from the card into his chestnut eyes. 

"I love you more." He whispered.

"I'll be right back." I whispered, leaving Jack in the kitchen as I quickly went up the stairs and into Jack's room. I reached into my purse that was on Jack's dresser and my fingers found the envelope that I was looking for. I left the room and went back downstairs. 

"I'm making crepes for breakfast." He said out loud as I entered the kitchen again. 

"Sounds great." I smiled, handing him the envelope. He carefully opened it and pulled out the card, reading the message on the front of it, before opening it and two small pieces of paper revealed themselves. 

"Lexi..." He said, his smile growing as he read them. 

"Jack..." I mimicked him. 

"We're going to a Post Malone concert?" He looked at me, his face lit up and I couldn't help but smile. 

"Yes we are." I told him. He finished reading the card before engulfing me in a tight hug. 

"Oh my god babe, you're the best." He told me, before letting go of me and pressing his lips to mine, and it felt just like the first time, sparks and all.

---A/N---

aw

lexi