12

Lexi's POV

"Well we need to figure out what's going on!" I heard Gilinsky's voice. 

"No shit Sherlock." I heard Sam's voice. I opened my eyes and sat up. 

"You guys aren't very good at being quiet." I said, yawning. 

"We weren't trying to be." Johnson said. 

"What time even is it?" I asked. 

"You have a phone." Sam said. 

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed... I got out of bed and walked over to my purse that was on the desk and pulled out my phone. 

7:38 am 

"Has anyone called the tow truck company?" I asked. 

"They took it to the shop last night and it should be ready anytime this morning. We just need a ride there." Gilinsky said. 

"I'll get us an Uber." Johnson commented, grabbing his phone.

"But we need to figure out this whole pain thing first." Sam said. 

"I know we aren't just imagining things because you two have experienced the same thing." Johnson said, referring to Jack and I. I went to Safari on my phone and started researching again, not thinking I'd find anything. The guys and Sam kept talking about possible theories for about half an hour before I spotted something. 

"Guys, I found something." I said, causing all their attention to land on me. They all surrounded me. 

"Mirror-touch synesthesia." Johnson read aloud, looking at my phone. 

"It's a rare condition which causes individuals to experience the same sensation that another person feels." Gilinsky said. 

"We've only experienced pain though." Sam said. 

"The severity of the condition varies from person to person. Some individuals have intense physical synesthetic responses to any physical touch they see, while others describe their experiences as feeling an "echo" of the touch that they see." Gilinsky read. 

"This is it. This has to be." I said, as I scanned the article. 

"It has to have been from the fights and the lightning." Johnson said. We were interrupted by a text message on Johnson's phone. 

"The Uber's here." He said. 

TWO WEEKS LATER

I walked down the hall way on my way out of school when I felt a sharp pain on my cheek, instinctively raising my hand to my cheek. I walked faster, needing to find Gilinsky. I heard people cheering and saw a crowd of people in the parking lot. I felt another sharp pain in my shoulder, causing me to wince. I pushed through the people to see Gilinsky and Reid Marshall fighting. I grabbed Gilinsky's arm, putting myself between the two boys. I picked up Jack's backpack from the ground and pulled him away, a chorus of 'ooh's' following after. People started walking away to their cars or buses, including Reid, who glared at Jack as he walked away. 

"What did I tell you Jack?" I asked, scanning his face for any injuries.

"About?" He asked. 

"No more fights, because I really don't want to feel all the punches and hits too." I said, keeping my voice low so no one else heard. I noticed a small cut on his cheek, a bruise already starting to show. 

"I'm sorry." He said, grabbing his backpack from where I set it down on the ground and then wrapping his arms tightly around me. We walked through the rows of cars until we reached his. 

"Are you guys having a party tonight?" I asked, once he'd pulled the car out onto the road, on the way to my house. 

"Yeah. Only if you're coming though." He said, stopping at a red light. 

"Why does it all depend on me?" I asked, amused. 

"Cause if you're not coming I'm gonna be bored as hell!" He said, resting his hand on my leg. 

"Fine... I guess I can sneak out for a bit." I smiled, and at the same time I got a notification for a text. I found my phone in my backpack to see that it was from Sammy.

Sammy: hey im home, where r u? 

Me: jack is bringing me home, we're like five minutes away... and were going to j & j's party tonight 

Sammy: ok

"Why did you and Reid get into that fight?" I asked, putting my phone in my sweatshirt pocket. It was actually Jack's sweatshirt. 

"He was saying things about you." He said, turning onto my street. 

"What was he saying?" I asked. He sighed. 

"Things that I wouldn't ever wanna repeat." He said, stopping in front of my house and putting the car in park. 

"Just try not to get into any more fights, okay?" I asked. We hadn't gotten any further with our situation, the mirror-touch synesthesia- or at least that's what we think it is. We're thinking about going to see either a doctor or a psychologist. 

"Okay... I'll see you tonight." He said, leaning over and giving me a kiss before I grabbed my bag and got out of his car, walking into the house. 

"You and Jack have been spending a lot of time together." Sam commented as I walked into the kitchen. 

"Yeah." I smiled. 

"He's gonna ask you out, you know that right?" She said, taking a bite of an apple. 

 "Why do you say that?" I asked her, grabbing an apple for myself, running it under the cool tap water. 

"Because I've known him for a while and he usually doesn't ask out girls, he just sleeps around. You're different. He never talks about other girls the way he talks about you. He doesn't spend as much time and care this much as he does with you, he's going to ask you out." She explained. 

"Maybe even tonight at the party..." She smiled. 

"Okay, well in that case you're gonna help me get ready and make sure I look good for him." I smiled, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge. 

"Of course." She said. 

"I'm gonna go work on some homework and then we'll start getting ready in a few hours?" I asked. 

"Sounds good." I said, suddenly in a much better mood than before.

---A/N---

jack and lexi?

sitting in a tree?

k-i-s-s-I-n-g?

idk dude

-lex