14

Lexi's POV

"Yeah tell me." Johnson said as Sam walked over. I was just about to get another drink when I saw the Jacks walk in and I tried to avoid them but they saw me. Sam looked at me before walking away with Johnson. 

"I think we should talk about some things." Gilinsky said, suddenly feeling like I'd gotten myself in trouble. We walked upstairs and found an empty room, that appeared to be just a spare room, and sat down on the couch. 

"You didn't go to our party?" He asked. 

"I was there." I said, looking at him. 

"Where?" He asked.

"I think I should be asking you that." I said, trying to remember the night before.

"I was looking for you." He said.

"Well you didn't look very well then. And how did you know we were here?" I questioned, as Sam and I hadn't told the Jacks about Nick's party.

"We know Nick." He said, and when he did, my stomach dropped.

"And I don't want you hanging around him." He told me sternly.

"Why does it matter to you? I wouldn't have met him if you were with me at the party! This isn't my fault!" I said, raising my voice.

"You can't just leave us, there's something between us and we need to stay together!" He said loudly.

"That's the thing, Jack! We aren't together! We're just two people who just happened to have this magic condition happen where we feel what the other person feels!" I yelled.

"We can be together if you want." He said, this time not yelling.

"I don't know if I want to right now." I said, standing up and walking out the door. Music and the smell of alcohol and weed surrounded me as I walked down the stairs. As I turned the corner I bumped into someone, and looked up to see that it was Nick.

"Hey, where are you going?" He asked, his smile fading.

"I need to find Sam." I said, glancing around.

"Are you going home?" He asked.

"I want to." I said, looking behind me to see if Jack was coming after me, and I didn't see him.

"Let me take you home." Nick smiled.

"Okay." I nodded. I saw Sammy talking to some girls and dancing, but thought if I told her I was leaving she'd come home too or she'd want me to stay. I followed Nick towards the door.

"Nick, where are you going?" A blonde girl with a high-pitched voice asked.

"Why does it matter to you Jessie?" He asked, grabbing my hand. She noticed our hands and looked from me to him.

"Hurry back." She said in a bitchy tone. We walked out the front door.

"Who was that?" I asked, trying not to laugh.

"One of my sister's best friends who apparently has always had a crush on me." He laughed, as our hands stayed together, until we reached his car. He unlocked it and we got in.

"Where do you live?" He asked, starting the car.

"The east side of Downtown." I told him. He maneuvered his way through all the cars parked along the sides of the road.

"How come you want to go home?" He asked.

"Gilinsky and I got into an argument, and now he's mad at me." I told him.

"Oh are you guys together?" He asked.

"No! No... just friends." I scoffed.

"Ah, okay. So he wouldn't mind me doing this..." He said, taking my hand and intertwining our fingers. I smiled.

"I don't think he would." I said, noticing how our hands fit perfectly together.

"How do you know he's mad at you?" He asked, bringing the subject back. I couldn't tell him the connection thing so I just made something up.

"I gotten to know him pretty well, so I know when he's mad." I said, hoping he wouldn't ask more questions.

"Turn up ahead?" He clarified.

"Yeah." I agreed.

"How come I haven't seen you around school?" I asked.

"I graduated last year. I met the Jacks junior year when I transferred here." He explained. He stopped at the red light.

"You okay?" He asked, and I looked up and our eyes met.

"Jack told me to stay away from you." I said.

"Yeah well Gilinsky and I don't get along." He said shrugging. "I don't know why he'd tell you that."

"Nick, I'm not gonna listen to him, he doesn't control my life." I smiled. He put his attention back on the road just when the light turned green.

"Good, cause I wanna hang out with you more. I don't think either of us remember last night, so let's just start over." He said.

"I like that idea." I said, cause when I'm drunk I'm either obnoxious and loud or a crying mess, and of course I don't remember which drunk Lexi met Nick. I told him to turn and we were now on my street which was dark except for the few street lamps.

"It's the tan house." I pointed down the street. He parked on the side of the road, and I noticed that Riley was the only one home.

"Thanks for bringing me home." I smiled, turning to face him.

"It was no problem. I think if we're gonna hang out, I'm gonna need your number..." He said, a small smirk on his face.

"Yeah, that would make sense.." I played along, as he handed me his phone. I put in my number and put a heart next to my name before locking his phone and giving it back to him.

"I'll see you soon?" He asked, as I unbuckled my seatbelt.

"Soon." I said, looking at him, before momentarily glancing at his lips and he leaned in right on cue. Our lips connected, causing butterflies to erupt inside me. We pulled away out of breath.

"Text me." I said, getting out of his car.

"Oh, I will." He said, followed by a wink, as I blushed, closing the car door and walking up the driveway and into the house.

"You're home early." Riley commented as he stood in the kitchen eating pizza out of a Little Caesar's pizza box.

"Yeah..." I said, and didn't realize I was smiling like an idiot until Riley asked,

"Why are you so happy?" But he didn't ask in a rude way, more like a confused way.

"No reason." I lied, taking a piece of pizza and walking upstairs to my room. I was just changing out of my dress that I was wearing when I heard my phone ding.

Unknown number: hey gorgeous

Unknown number: I told you I would text you :)

---A/N---

hey guyssss

i wrote this chapter in like an hour, that's really fast for me hahah but i think it's pretty good if i do say so myself

-lexi

ps: im going to Potted Potter (its a harry potter play) tonight and im SO EXCITED :))))