20

Lexi's POV- Monday Morning

Riley's been on my nerves ever since Friday night when him and Jack got into that fight. Mom came home Saturday night and of course Riley pretended that we were a-okay when she was around, but when she's not, he's acting like I don't even exist. He's been skipping school a lot lately but he's on track for graduation, so he thinks it's fine. He's been annoying the hell out of me.

 I put my laptop in my backpack and slid on my Birkenstocks. I picked up my phone and noticed a text from Jack. 

JJ: i'm on my way

Me: k

I scrolled through Twitter as I waited for him to come pick me up. I heard my phone vibrate and knew that Jack was here. I opened the front door and slammed it behind me, going down the driveway and getting in the passengers seat of his car. 

"Hey baby." He said. 

"Hi." I said, buckling my seatbelt and looking at him. 

"You okay?" He asked. 

"Sure." I answered, waiting for him to pull out of the driveway. 

"Obviously you're not." He said, backing out and onto the street.

"I'm fine Jack." I said, looking out the window. We spent the drive to school in silence but it got interrupted when my phone notified me of a text. I looked down at my phone. 

Mother: Lexi Davidsen, you're grounded for the next two weeks. NO IFS, ANDS, OR BUTS. 

I sighed, rolling my eyes, before I began typing.

Me: So why exactly am I grounded? You can't just do things for no reason. And I'll be 18 in a couple weeks!!

Mother: But you're not 18 yet so I can. 

Me: I seriously hate you!

Mother: Hate is a strong word Lexi!

Me: Yes I AM AWARE

I shoved my phone in my backpack and Jack parked in his usual spot, leaving us with ten minutes before first period starts. I got out and slung my backpack over my shoulder. Jack walked beside me, taking my hand in his as we walked into school together. 

"Do you wanna tell me what's wrong now-" Jack was saying as I got a textbook out of my locker. I shut the door rather harshly.

"Jack, I'm fine." I lied through gritted teeth. I started walking down the hall and into the main foyer where everyone hangs out before and after school, and I knew he was following close behind me. 

"Babe, I know something's wrong, you never act like this!" He said, raising his voice. 

"Okay, you wanna know what's wrong Jack?" I stopped walking and turned around to face him. 

"Yeah I do! Sorry if it's wrong to care about my girlfriend!" He said, his eyes looking darker than usual, clouded with emotions I couldn't decipher.

"My brother is completely ignoring me because of a fight he got in WITH YOU. Because of YOU," I yelled, "my mom is trying to completely control every damn thing that I do as if I'm a child, and... and YOU, Jack. You're hovering over me and you can't just let things go! You can't leave me alone!" I yelled, now feeling eyes on me and noticing how quiet it was now. 

"Lexi, people are looking, can't we do this later?" He asked, grabbing my hand but I pulled it away. 

"This...you care SO MUCH about your image! More than your girlfriend!" I said to him. 

"You're saying I don't care about you? I've been asking you WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG, AND YOU WON'T EVEN ANSWER ME. I come over to your house when I know I'm not welcome. I'm always there for you no matter what, I'm always protecting you and standing up for you! So don't you dare think for a minute that I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU." He yelled. 

"Why?? WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME!? It drives me insane!" I yelled, on the verge of tears, shoving his chest before walking away. I heard whispers and I grabbed my phone out of my backpack. I walked out the front doors of the school and looked back, to see that Jack hadn't bothered to come after me. I felt tears stream down my cheeks and my vision wasn't clear anymore. 

To: Riley
> I know you're pissed off at me and I'm still pissed off at you but please come pick me up.. i dont care if we dont say a word to each other. just please come get me riley

I wiped my tears with my sweatshirt sleeve, smearing mascara across the baby blue fabric but honestly not caring.

"Do you wanna talk about what happened back there?" I heard a female voice behind me, and turned to see Mrs. Jennings walking towards me. I nodded, standing up as more tears fell. 

"And that's what made me snap I guess..." I finished explaining around twenty minutes later as I sat in Mrs. Jennings office. I felt like I could tell her things, maybe it was just that she had a motherly feeling about her. 

"I would take some time to think, just some time to yourself with no one else's opinions around." She told me, as I took another tissue from the box on her desk and wiped what seemed like the last tears. I heard a quiet knock on the door and we both looked in the direction it came from. 

"Come in." Mrs. Jennings said. The door opened and Riley stepped into the room, leaning against the doorway. 

"Riley Davidsen." She smiled. 

"Mrs. Jennings." He nodded. 

"What brings you here? You haven't been at school for a few days..." She asked.

"I've had strep and the doctor ordered to stay home for a week, even though I feel fine now. But I came to pick up my sister." He lied but answered. 

"Good. She needs some time alone." She said, looking at me. Both of us stood up and Mrs. Jennings walked around her desk to give me a hug. 

"Thanks Mrs. J." I smiled at her. Riley and I left her office and walked out the doors. 

"I'm sorry." He apologized, almost immediately. I looked at him. 

"I overreacted and I was being too overprotective. I just want you to be happy." He said. I wrapped my arms tightly around him and he wrapped his around me even tighter, resting his chin on the top of my head.

"Thank you Riley. I love you." I whispered. 

"I love you too Lex."

---A/N---

so lexi and riley made up

but what about lexi and jack

idk man

-L