4

Lexi's POV

"I'll see you guys in a little while." Johnson said, after bringing back our credit cards as we'd all payed for our own meals, walking away. 

"I think we're ready to go now." Tammy said, putting on her jacket. We all got up from the table, and walked out of Olive Garden towards Dennis' car. Sam and I got in the backseat. 

"To the pool we go!" Dennis said excitedly, turning on the radio and turning the volume up. 

"How long is the drive to the pool?" I asked Sam as she was texting someone. 

"About ten minutes." She answered not looking up. I looked out at the buildings we passed when I felt my phone vibrate in my hand. I looked down at it.

New iMessage
6:39 pm 

Riley : where are you??

Me : I'm with Sam, Dennis and Tammy, y??

Riley : and you didn't tell mom

I looked up when Dennis stopped the car, to see a building and a huge outdoor pool, string lights hanging around it, and a tall lifeguard chair with a familiar boy sitting on top on his phone. I grabbed my bag that had my swimsuit and hairbrush and such and we all got out of the car. Dennis walked to the trunk of the car and pulled out a cooler.

"Meet you guys inside." Dennis said, walking through a door with the men's sign on it, the three of us walking through a different door. I went into an empty changing stall and took off my jeans and t-shirt, putting on my red bikini, and noticed when I opened my bag that I forgot a towel. Hopefully Sam has a spare, I thought as I threw on a sweatshirt that was too big on me, acting as a cover-up. I put my shoes and clothes in my bag and walked out of the stall, setting my bag on the floor and taking my hair out of the bun it was in, letting my long brown hair fall past my shoulders. 

"Are you done Lex?" I heard Sam call out. 

"Yeah." I answered, grabbing my bag and following her and Tammy out of the building and outside. The lights were on and music played from a speaker near the lifeguard chair. Dennis was standing by a table, looking very impatient. 

"Took you guys long enough." He sassed. I sat down on one of the chairs and pulled my phone out of my bag and went back to iMessage. I clicked on 'Riley' and began typing. 

Me : yes i did! i told her i was going out for a friends birthday and would be home later

Riley : ok, i guess she's just stressed about unpacking, cause she did say that we would do it after school today

Me: i know, but i can unpack on my own. 

Riley : k, have fun and don't get drunk again

Me: can't promise that :/

Riley : that bottle of Advil isn't bottomless 

Me : shut up, i'll see you later

I looked up from my phone to see that everyone had gone into the pool. I glanced over at Gilinsky, as he was still on his phone, typing something and he seemed upset. I guess I don't really know though, since I don't know him well at all. I looked back to my phone and went to 'Mom'. 

Me: i told u i was going out for dennis' birthday. i'll unpack tomorrow

I waited a few minutes and when she didn't reply, tossed my phone back into my bag. I saw Gilinsky standing by the gate talking to Johnson, who must've just got here. I couldn't hear anything either of them were saying, but then Johnson set down his towel on a chair and took his shirt off, and jumped into the pool. Gilinsky walked over to the tall lifeguard chair and got on, then made eye contact with me. 

"You're not going in?" He yelled, gesturing to Sam, Tammy, Dennis, and now Johnson. He was wearing red swim trunks and a gray t-shirt that showed just enough of his biceps. I shrugged, no one else even noticing that I wasn't in the pool. They were too busy talking and laughing and swimming. 

"Only if you go in." I looked at him and said after a few seconds.

"Deal." He yelled, getting down from the chair and walked into a little hut-type building that was no more than 6' x 6' and 7' tall. He emerged without the whistle around his neck, a shirt, or shoes, then walked over to the deep end and dived in. He came back up a few seconds after. I stood up and took off my sweatshirt. I walked over to the deep end and sat on the edge, letting my legs hang into the water.

"Come on." He smirked, swimming on his back splashing water at me.

"Stop!" I laughed.

"Then get in!" He laughed too, his pearly white smile flashing.

"Fine." I said, standing up and diving in just as he had done. I came up to the surface, running my hands through my hair so it wasn't in my face.

"Better?" I asked, swimming over to the edge and grabbing onto it with one hand.

"Much better." He smiled.

"I'm sorry if you got in trouble last night, I know Sam's dad isn't crazy about her going out to parties." He looked at me.

"No, it's fine. It wasn't the first time I've snuck out." I stated, smiling a little.

 "Well hopefully it wasn't the last time." He said. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, glancing over his shoulder at everyone else, laughing and singing along to the song playing on the speaker, having the time of their life.

"I mean I hope you'll be willing to sneak out and come to another party of ours." He said. 

"Definitely. As long as you don't throw another party on a Monday night." I joked, splashing him. 

"Two can play at that game." He said, swimming away from me as I swam after him. He suddenly stopped and turned around, splashing me back. 

"Hey, you two!" I heard from behind me. I turned to see Dennis standing at the edge of the pool holding two red solo cups. I swam over and he set them down on the edge.

"Thanks, Den." I said, pushing myself out of the water and onto the concrete. Jack did the same.

"Here." I said, handing him one. My legs hung from the edge, my feet moving around in the warm water. I looked out at the view in front of us. There were all these hills and the sun was almost finished setting, creating a gorgeous pink and orange and red watercolor-looking sunset. I took a sip of the mystery drink, figuring out that it was a screwdriver- orange juice and vodka. The breeze gently blew by, causing goosebumps to rise on my exposed skin. 

"Cold?" Gilinsky asked. 

"Yeah, a bit." I said, putting my drink down and sliding back down into the heated pool. I swam around, as Jack continued to sip on his drink. Everyone else was drying off and drinking.

"Help me out?" I asked, hanging onto the edge of the wall where Jack was, as the ladder was on the other side of the deep end. He stood up and took my outstretched hand and I used the other to pull myself up onto the cold concrete and I picked up our drinks. He grabbed his towel off the chair as we walked towards the group. I set our drinks on a table next to the one where everyone was sitting and went through my bag. 

"Shit I forgot I didn't grab a towel." I groaned. 

"One sec." Jack said, jogging into the little shack. 

"How is it?" Sam asked me, gesturing to the drink.

"Really good." I smiled. I felt something go on my shoulders and hands on my shoulders. I turned my head to see behind me Gilinsky had got me a towel, his hands rubbing my upper arms to warm me up. 

"Thanks." I smiled, handing him his drink as he didn't leave my side the rest of the night.

---A/N--- 

:)

-lexi