18

Lexi's POV

It was 11:48 pm on a Friday night, and it was just me and Riley home, since Sam and Carl left and my mom was staying overnight somewhere for work. I sat on my bed with my laptop in front of me as I worked on a paper for Government. I heard my phone vibrate and looked to see a text from Johnson. 

JJ: i'm here

Me: come through my window, I think my brother is awake still

JJ: ok

I got up from my bed and opened my bedroom door, peeking across the hall to see that Riley's door was closed but faint music could be heard playing. I went back to my room and closed the door, then heard a tap on my window. I turned to see Johnson on the roof, as I walked over and unlocked the window, letting him in. 

"Hi." I smiled. 

"Hey babe." He said, putting his hands on my waist and pulling me in for a kiss. I wrapped my arms around his torso. 

"What were you working on?" He asked, seeing my laptop open on Google Docs. 

"My paper for government." I told him, as we both sat down on my bed. I picked up my laptop, resting it on my legs. 

"Listen to this... 'The moment and place that the phenomenon of human government developed is lost in time; however, history does record the formations of early governments. About 5,000 years ago, the first small city-states appeared. By the third to second millenniums BC, some of these had developed into larger governed areas.'" I read proudly. 

"That's good isn't it?" I smiled. 

"Better than I could do." He nodded. 

"I'm almost done, I just need to write my conclusion paragraph and-" I was explaining until my door opened and Riley immediately looked at Jack. 

"What is he doing here?" He asked, stepping into my room. 

"Why do you care Riley?" I asked, shutting my laptop and placing it next to me on the bed. 

"I've heard enough shit about him to know he isn't good for you." He said, and I noticed tiny writing on his chest under his collar bone, as he didn't have a shirt on.  

"I'm right here." Johnson said, glaring at Riley.

"You got a tattoo, mom's gonna kill you." I told him. 

"Mom's not gonna care, she'll be more worried about you." He said. 

"Just shut the hell up man." Jack said, getting up, and I grabbed his arm but he was stronger. 

"Jack..." I said but he ignored me. 

"Why do you have such a problem with me?" He asked. 

"I don't want you around my sister and you don't seem to understand that." Riley shrugged. 

"Riley you can't control my life." I said, but Riley wasn't usually like this. He was protective but not like this. 

"I'm not gonna stay away from her." Jack said, causing Riley to snap. He shoved Jack up against the wall, knocking down a picture I had framed of him, my mom and I when we went on vacation to Hawaii a few years ago.

"Riley!" I said, trying to pull him away from Jack but he was too strong for me. He punched Jack right in the face, and Jack tried to hit Riley back but Riley just kept hitting him. My vision blurred as tears began to fill my eyes. 

"Riley, stop!" I begged, as I grabbed one of his arms, pulling him away. He looked at me and sighed. He walked out of my room without saying a word. 

"I'm sorry." I said, putting my hand on Jack's cheek, noticing a small cut on his cheekbone. 

"Babe it's not your fault." He shook his head as he followed me to the bathroom where I grabbed a cloth and a band aid. I ran the cloth under the tap and pressed it gently to his cut, causing him to wince. 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked, as he leaned against the bathroom counter and I stood in front of him. 

"You're just gorgeous." He smiled a little. 

"Even when I've been crying? I find that hard to believe." I said, shutting off the bathroom light as Jack followed me down the hall and to my room.

"Are you kidding me? You always look good." He whispered as we passed by Riley's room. I shut the door behind us and sat down on the bed and sighed, before plugging my phone into charge. Jack sat beside me. 

"I think we should get some sleep." He said, mid-yawn. 

"Yeah." I answered quietly as he got up to turn off the light. I laid down and seconds after, felt a body lay down beside me, and arms snake around my waist. 

"Goodnight babygirl." Jack said, pulling me close to him. 

"Goodnight Jack." I whispered. 

And "I love you" was the last thing I heard before falling asleep...

IN THE MORNING

I opened my eyes to see Jack asleep beside me. 

"Jack..." I quietly said in a sing song voice. 

"Lexi..." He muttered, mimicking me. 

"Wake up sleepyhead." I laughed. 

"I've been awake, my eyes are just closed." He answered. 

"Sureeee you have." I told him sarcastically. He leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. 

"Is Riley home?" He asked me. I glanced at the clock, seeing 9:28 am. He got up and straddled me.

"No, he went to the gym, why?" I questioned. 

"So we can do this..." He said, leaning down as our lips crashed together. He broke the kiss for a moment and tossed his shirt somewhere in my room, then took mine off, leaving me in my black bra. 

"God damn..." Jack mumbled looking me up and down, before leaning in and kissing me again. Suddenly his phone rang. 

Jack's POV

I pulled away from my girlfriend and sighed, picking up my phone to see Derek calling. 

"Hello." 

"Hey man, are you busy right now?" 

"Not at all, what's up?" I rolled my eyes and Lexi groaned, putting her shirt back on and leaving her room. I heard her walk down the stairs. 

"I got news for you, I think Gilinsky and Sam are actually a thing." 

"Okay, and why are you telling me this?" 

"I just thought you'd wanna know." 

"Lexi and I are together and neither of us care whether Sam and Gilinsky are really together or if it's just an act." 

"Alright, I'll let you go then." 

"Ok. Maybe I'll see you later." 

"Ok. See you man." He said, hanging up. I tossed my phone onto Lexi's bed and left her room, going downstairs. I saw Lexi in the kitchen, leaning against the counter as she looked at me. 

"Alright, now where were we?" I smirked. 

---A/N---

jj + lexi sittin in a tree

k I s s I n g 

-L