10

Lexi's POV

"I'll catch up with you later, sis. Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" Riley said, nudging me before walking away. I laughed, shaking my head. 

"Why is he here?" Gilinsky asked. I wanted to tell him the truth but I couldn't. 

"He wanted to meet some girls tonight." I lied, as Gilinsky took my hand, pulling me through the large sea of people crammed inside the house. 

"What do you want to drink?" He asked me, gesturing to the many bottles of alcohol scattered throughout the kitchen. 

"Anything. I don't really care." I said distractedly. 

"Can we talk?" He asked a few minutes later, handing me a drink. Riley told me to let loose if I wanted to, since he wasn't going to be drinking. Seems like this time he's gonna be the good kid. 

"Yeah." I said, taking a sip of the drink in my hand. I recognized the flavors, realizing it was the Gilinsky Special. I followed Jack through the house until we ended up outside. We sat down on two patio chairs, and I looked out at the backyard, seeing people drinking and people making out. I looked at Jack, noticing something I didn't see earlier. 

"What happened to your head?" I asked, seeing a dark bruise and a bump. 

"Johnson elbowed me pretty hard when we were playing basketball yesterday." He said. 

FLASHBACK

I'd been unpacking for hours since Riley and I got home and was opening a box of clothes to start unpacking things into my closet when I felt a sharp pain, almost like a headache, on the side of my head.

"Ow..." I said out loud, rubbing where the mysterious pain was.

END OF FLASHBACK

"This is going to sound insane... but what time was it when that happened?" I asked, thinking about how my head hurt in the same spot the previous night.

"Um, like 10:00 or 10:30, why?" He asked. I shook my head, the situation not making sense. 

"My head suddenly hurt around that time in the same place that Johnson elbowed you..." I said. 

"Lexi, I think that's just a coincidence." He said, brushing it off. 

"No. Johnson and Sam got into an argument, then Johnson got into that fight at school and Sam was telling us she could feel everything. Remember?" I asked. 

"Yeah but are you sure she wasn't just imagining things?" He questioned. 

"I know Sam well enough to know that she doesn't just imagine things." I said. I sat there thinking for a moment, then at the same time, Jack and I looked at each other. 

"The same thing happened to us..." Jack said. 

"We got in a fight..." I started to say outloud. 

"Then there was that random storm. Was there a storm when Johnson and Sam fought?" He asked. 

"This sounds crazy... I'll call her." I said, shaking my head, taking my phone out of my purse and dialing Sam's number. I put her on speaker, as it was pretty quiet outside, at least compared to the loud music-filled house. 

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey it's Lexi, Jack's here too, you're on speaker." I said, holding my phone between the two of us. 

"Oh, hey Jack." She said. 

"Hey... we have a question." He said. 

"Okay, what is it?" She asked. 

"When you and Johnson got into that argument... was there by chance a storm?" He asked. 

"Yeah, why?" She asked. Jack and I looked at each other, our eyes wide. 

"Gotta go, Lexi will text you later." He said, pressing the end button. 

"There's no way this is a real thing... we gotta look this up. C'mon." He said, taking my hand as we hurried in the house. 

"Hey girl!" I heard Dennis' voice as Gilinsky and I made our way through crowds of people. I turned to look at him as we walked away.

"Hey Dennis, can't talk right now!" I yelled over the music, causing a confused look to cross his face. We went up to Jack's room and I locked the door behind us as he went to his laptop. He sat down on the chair at his desk and I stood behind him, my hand on the back of the chair. We looked up everything we could think of, but not finding anything remotely close to what our situation is. 

"Do you know how ridiculous Google thinks we are right now?" I said out loud as I stood in front of him, as he sat on the edge of his bed.

"It's like the Wizards of Waverly Place movie." He said.

"Wait, you've seen that?" I asked in amusement.

"Uhh-" He was trying to cover up but I interrupted. 

"It's fine, I just thought you were this tough cool guy." I shrugged. 

"I mean I am, but... who hasn't seen that?" He pointed out. I laughed. 

"You got me there." I said, rolling my eyes, as he pulled me closer, his hands on my waist. Suddenly my phone vibrated from across the room. I groaned, freeing myself from Gilinsky and walked over to see a text from Riley. 

Riley: hey mom texted and she wants us home.

Me: we haven't even been here for long...

"What is it?" Jack asked, walking over. 

"I have to go now." I sighed. 

"Really?" He asked, pouting. 

"Yeah... I can call you when I get home if you want though." I smiled. 

"I'd like that..." He said, his hands returning to my waist. 

"Then I will." I leaned in, closing the space between us momentarily. I pulled away. 

"Gosh, don't leave me like that." He sighed. I laughed, returning my lips to his again. 

"Better..." He winked, as we walked out of his room. I found Riley waiting by the front door. 

"You ready to go?" He asked, taking out his car keys from his pocket.

"Yeah." I smiled, looking back to see Gilinsky standing on the stairs, a smirk playing on his lips. I rolled my eyes, waving goodbye before I shut the door behind me.

---A/N--- 

did they figure it out?

-lex