34

Lexi's POV

I climbed into bed after changing into pajama shorts and a tank top. I sighed and unlocked my phone, not wanting to do what I had to do. I clicked on 'iMessage' and pressed Gilinsky and I's conversation. There was a lot of missed texts from him that I had read and not replied to. 

Me: hey, you're coming to lunch with sam, johnson and I tomorrow at noon. btw this was sam's idea not mine. 

I put my phone down and only a few seconds later, my phone vibrated. I picked it up and saw G's reply. 

Gilinsky: ok, i'll pick u up at 11:40? i'm assuming olive garden? 

Me: i don't need u to pick me up. and yes where else would we go?

Gilinsky: how are you gonna get there then? 

I began to think of a response but groaned, knowing he was right. My car hasn't been working and obviously he'd heard that from Sam. I've been able to borrow my dad's car a few times when he doesn't have to go to work, but tomorrow I would be car-less. 

Me: fine. dont come to the door tomorrow unless you want ur ass beat by riley!

Gilinsky: yea, yea i know... see you tomorrow. goodnight x

Me: gn

I scrolled through Instagram for a few minutes when my phone vibrated again. I assumed it was G again until I saw the name: Nick. 

Nick: hey :) you've probably gone to bed by now , but was wondering if i could see u sometime this weekend? let me know if ur wanting to xx

Nick and I had been talking a bit more recently and although he's friends with my brother, Riley doesn't know that Nick and I are talking. I know that Jack and I just recently ended things, or at least I think we did, but I have a good feeling about Nick. He's so charismatic, funny and very attractive. 

Me: i was just about to go to bed when i saw ur message. i would love to see you this weekend :) when are u free? 

I smiled to myself before shutting my eyes and drifting off to sleep. 

MORNING

I woke up and opened my eyes, seeing that it was 10:30 am, giving me only around an hour to get ready. Grabbing my phone off my nightstand, I put my Spotify on shuffle and connected to my speaker. 

I walked into my closet and behind me, heard the intro to 'bad guy' by Billie Eilish start to play. I soon realized it was the version with Justin Bieber and chuckled to myself. I pulled out my high waisted ripped boyfriend jeans and a navy blue crop top. I turned on my hair straightener and then got changed into my outfit, which I wore my Air Force Ones with. A few minutes after my straightener had heated up, I ran it through my hair and grabbed my phone and purse before heading downstairs. 

Walking into the kitchen, I was surprised to see Riley and... NICK. They were standing in front of the stove cooking pancakes. 

"Morning, you hungry?" Riley asked, as I sat down at the counter. 

"Uh," I cleared my throat, "yes." 

"Hey." Nick said, smiling at me. 'Looking good.' He mouthed once my brother had turned his attention back to the pan of pancakes.

"Hi." I smiled back, feeling my cheeks heat up. I unlocked my phone and went to 'iMessage', going to my second most recent conversation- Jack. 

Me: ok DEFINITELY DO NOT come to the door when u get here

I then clicked on Sam's contact. 

Me: i just woke up and came downstairs to Riley, AND NICK making pancakes?? NICK!!!! umm whats going on?  yum he lookin like a snack tho

I pressed send just as Nick slid a plate of pancakes to me across the counter. 

"Thank you." I smiled as I reached for the syrup. 

"I'll be back, don't let the pancakes burn." Riley said before walking out of the kitchen. 

"He doesn't know... about us. Does he?" Nick asked me once he'd gone out of earshot. 

"Oh gosh no. I think he would do more damage to you than he did to Jack if he found out." I shook my head, causing Nick to laugh. 

"Okay good. It'll have to be our little secret." He winked before flipping the pancakes sizzling on the pan. I finished eating and Riley returned and by now it was almost time for Jack to pick me up. 

I got a notification just then, seeing a text from Jack right on cue. 
Gilinsky: okay, im here now

"I'm going out to lunch with Sammy, I'll be back later." I told Riley before going out the door. I took a deep breath in before I walked up to Jack's car and got in. 

"Hi." He said, looking at him. 

"Hey." I said, already feeling the tension. (A/N, no pun intended ;)) He pulled out onto the street and spoke after a few minutes. 

"I'm sorry. Please forgive me baby, it didn't-" He started to apologize.

"Just drop it for now, Jack. Please." I sighed. 

"Ok. So why did Sam want all of us to go to lunch?" He asked, changing the subject. 

"Who knows what goes on in her head." I shrugged, looking out the window, the awkwardness eating away at me as thoughts raced around my mind. 

FLASHBACK

"Good morning princess." He smiled. I saw a big bouquet of roses on the counter and a red envelope.

"Good morning Jack." I smiled, walking over and giving him a hug. He wrapped his arms tightly around me.

"Happy 3 months." He said, pressing his lips to mine.

"Aw babe, you didn't have to do this." I said, as he handed me the envelope.

"But I wanted to." He winked. I opened the envelope and pulled out a black card with white writing and hearts on the front. I opened it and read what my boyfriend had wrote.

'Mi amor,

I never thought I'd find a girl who makes me as happy as you do. You are the light on my darkest days and the person I never want to leave even if it's just after school or for the night. I don't know how I got so lucky to have my girlfriend, best friend, and partner in crime all in one person, but I couldn't be more grateful for that. I love you Lexi. Happy 3 month anniversary xoxo

p.s. i'm taking you out to dinner, wear your fanciest dress'

"I love you Jack." I smiled, looking up from the card into his chestnut eyes.

"I love you more." He whispered.

END OF FLASHBACK

I remembered what Jack had done for our three months, and I looked over at the boy driving, knowing after this whole situation that I'd sadly never look at him the same way again. 

A/N 

well that was a weird filler chapter