44

Lexi's POV

"How's your new place?" I asked Sam over FaceTime. I had taken a shower about an hour ago and was now doing my hair since it was dry. Jack's sister Sofia's 10th birthday is today and he wanted me to come over. 

"I really love it!" She smiled. "You'll have to come see it as soon as possible." It had been about a week since Sam and Shayne moved. 

"I'd love to. Just me?" I asked her, not sure if she meant me and Jack, or just me. She sighed. 

"I'd rather it just be you. You know how I feel about the Jacks." She told me. 

"Okay, but-" I started to say, although she kept talking. 

"I'll have to put up with Gilinsky because he makes you happy." She said. 

"So does that mean he can come too?" I asked with a hopeful smile. 

"... Okay." She nodded. 

"Yay. I'll let you know a day that could work for us." I said. I finished curling the last strand of hair and turned off my curling iron. 

"You guys could stay for a weekend if you want." Sammy suggested. 

"That would be fun." I nodded. I checked the time and realized that I only had about ten minutes until I told Jack I would be leaving. 

"I gotta go, I'll text you later! Love you!" I told Sammy. 

"Okay, love you too!" She smiled before we ended the call. I got up and looked in the mirror. I had decided on wearing a simple, short floral dress that was perfect for warm summer days like today. I left my curled hair down, and found a pair of sandals to wear. I sprayed on some perfume and grabbed my purse and car keys. Riley was the only one home today, since my mom and Carl were both at work. 

"I'll be back later, I'm going to Jack's." I called behind me as I went downstairs. I didn't hear a response, and I assumed Riley was either asleep still or playing video games. I drove over to Jack's house and he was standing outside on the porch when I got there. There were balloons on the fence of the front yard and leading up to the house. 

"Hey beautiful." Jack said to me as I got out of the car and walked across his driveway. 

"Hi handsome." I smiled, leaning in for a kiss. Jack pulled away and looked me up and down. 

"God you're so pretty." He smiled with a sigh. 

"Aww thank you babe." I blushed. Jack took my hand and began to pull me inside. 

"Wait does your mom know? That we're back together?" I asked as he opened the front door.

"No but she'll find out today." Jack shrugged. Sofia was standing in the hallway and looked over when we walked in. 

"Lexi!" She smiled, running over and giving me a hug. 

"Happy birthday, Sof." I smiled. 

"Thank you. You look so pretty." She looked up at me. 

"That's what I said too." Jack whispered to his sister. 

"And you look even prettier." I told Sofia, causing her to smile. She walked away to the door, as more people showed up. 

"Hi Lexi." Jack's mom, Kathy, said, walking over to us. 

"Hey Kathy." I smiled, as she pulled me into a hug. 

"How've you been, hun?" She asked me. 

"I've been really great, how about you?" I asked. 

"Good. You know, I'm really glad you came today. I've missed you being around here." She said, squeezing my hand before walking away into the kitchen. 

"Aw. I love your mom." I said to Jack as I followed him down the hall. Kathy has always treated me like another daughter. 

"She adores you." Jack laughed. I didn't recognize anyone, causing me to think that this was all  mostly family. Jack introduced me to his grandparents and aunts and uncles, and after a few hours, the sun was setting and a lot of people were leaving. 

"Do you have to be home at a certain time?" Jack asked me as we sat out on the porch with his parents and sister, and a couple of Sofia's friends. 

"I don't think so. My mom won't be home until pretty late." I told him. 

"You're welcome to stay the night if you want to, Lexi." Kathy smiled. 

"And wouldn't you rather hang out with me tonight than just being at home bored?" Gilinsky smirked. 

"I guess I could stay." I nodded. "I don't have any other clothes with me though." I said looking down at my dress. 

"Come on." Jack said, grabbing my hand and pulling me inside, and upstairs to his room. 

"You know where my clothes are." Jack sighed with a laugh, before I let go of his hand and excitedly headed straight into his closet. I emerged a few minutes later in a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie. 

"This is much comfier." I smiled. 

"I do think my clothes look better on you, baby." He told me, eyeing me up and down. 

"I think we should have a movie night. Can we go get snacks and Slurpees or something?" I suggested, and his face lit up. 

"That sounds like a great idea." He agreed, and we went back downstairs and out to his car. I plugged the aux cord into my phone and played music until we arrived at a 7-11. We got inside and I went down the candy aisle first, Jack going down the chip aisle. I was startled when I felt a hand on my arm. I turned around and was surprised to see Johnson. 

"Hey!" I smiled, and leaned in to give him a hug. 

"Hey Lex." He smiled.

"Hey man." I heard from behind me, and Gilinsky leaned in and did a bro hug thing with Johnson. 

"You weren't at the party last week, how come?" Gilinsky asked his best friend. 

"I know, I was getting ready and then had to go over to my parents to help my dad out with something." He sighed. "I'll be at the next one for sure." 

"Good, it wasn't the same without you dude." Gilinsky shrugged. 

"Johnson, let's go man!" A voice from the door called. It was a guy who I didn't recognize. 

"I gotta go, I'll see you guys soon." Johnson said, before hurrying out of the store. 

"Who was with him?" I asked my boyfriend as we started to look around for snacks again. Jack shook his head. 

"I don't know." He answered. He picked up a bag of jalapeño Cheetos. 

"Are you guys good?" I asked. 

"Yeah, we're fine." He nodded, but it seemed like something was still off...