Episode I

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

"Let's commit a perfect crime. I'll steal your heart and you steal mine."

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Among the busy honking of the midday high traffic, Jungkook was walking back to his apartment from another tiring Monday on campus. All the noise was concealed by the music from his headphones. It was just another usual Monday, back to back classes without any break. As he stopped at the traffic light, waiting for the white light to brighten, the news on the billboard caught his eye. He removes his headphones to listen to what the newsreader was talking about.

"... Reports have come in that there have been 2 similar killings around Ground 15 all within the last week. All 3 body has been badly mutilated with several organs missing. Does Winder City have a serial killer on its hands? The police haven't released any further information regarding the investigation to the public. We will..."

As the newsreader was speaking, very graphic images of heavily mutilated body flashed on the screen. Jungkook turned away from it. His stomach wouldn't be able to take all the gore.

Who would do all that?

He continued walking to his apartment. He decided to take a long way back. It was late April and the cherry blossoms have started to blossom. The blossoms were lifted by the wind and danced in the atmosphere, making the place like a pink wonderland and this calmed Jungkook and made him want to take a long way home. But he made sure to stay away from weird alleys. He didn't want to end up on the news. The pictures from before haunted him even though he tried to push it to the unconscious part of his brain.

Just as the sun was setting, he reached his one-room apartment.

"Jk. Jk. How are you, man? How was your day?" Jungkook's neighbor Hoseok waved at him from afar. "Hey hyung, Whats up."

"Jk, you wanna grab a beer with me right now. I'm kind of lonely."

"Haha, Sure why not."

Jungkook and Hoseok walked over to the elder's apartment. When they entered Hoseok grabbed few beers from the refrigerator and ordered some chicken before sitting down with Jungkook on the small kitchen table that was filled with empty cup ramens and empty soda cans.

"I'm sorry my place is a mess. My boss pushed the deadlines from the new game update closer and I had to pull all-nighters to finish it off." Hoseok explained while clearing the table and dropping everything into the trash can.

"My house is worse. I don't remember the last time I did the dishes or laundry."

"Yeah. Aren't we all the same. By the way your a computer major right."

Both Jungkook and Hoseok opened up a can of beer and took a gulp out of it.

"Yeah. Computer Science. Its hard but I like it."

"You could ask me for help anytime okay.?"

"Sure hyung. And have you been watching the news lately? There has been some crazy killing on our ground. It's kind of scary."

"Yeah, you better stay out of those creepy alleys from its dark."

*DING*

"Oh! That must be the chicken." Hoseok left to pay for the chicken and Jungkook sat there gulping down the second beer.

The older come back with hot fried chicken in his hand. The smell made Jungkook mouth water.

"That smell really good Hyung. Let me grab some plates." He got up and walked into the kitchen while Hoseok took the chicken out from the boxes.

"Hey Jk, you heard there has been a new person on the floor for more than two weeks now. I haven't even seen his face. Right now when I was paying the guy for the chicken that's the first time I saw him. He was wearing a black hood and covered his whole face. He's a weird guy."

The younger sat down with Hoseok and handed him a plate. He helped himself to a nice juicy chicken leg.

"I didn't know there was someone new here. What's his name?"

"Ummm... I was pacing by his apparent a few days back and his name was written on the door. Kim Taehyung I guess."

"Kim Taehyung," Jungkook repeated.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

A/N Hey bumpkins.

Hope you guys have had an amazing day. And if anyone hasn't told you this today, you are a beautiful human being. 

Anyways this is my attempt to writing a thriller inspired by Tokyo ghoul as the new season 3 came out.

Also, just stick with me for a few chapters. I promise you the story gets interesting. 

And y'all is it just me, the whole euphoria theories have been burning up my brain and I can't focus on anything else. I'm so excited to see what they have in store for us. Can't wait for this next comeback already. Anyways have a nice day and leave a like and comment if you like.,

Amy out ~~~~