Episode XVII

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

"You're my one and only sun."

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

"Jungkook, I swear I can't." Jin massaged his temples. "I can't pretend like that boy you brought in is not my killer."

~Flashback~

Jungkook patiently waiting to Jin to make it to his apartment after work. He called him yesterday and told him to meet him beforehand because he wanted to talk about something important.

He brewed two cups of coffee and place them on the coffee table when he heard the doorbell ring

That should be Jin hyung.

Jungkook opened the door.

"What was so urgent that you needed to tell me asap?"

"You might want to take a seat for this."

Jin look at the table with 2 mugs of coffee on it.

"I don't feel good about this. You never make me coffee. Are you in some trouble?"

"I need you to hear me out complete till the end with interrupting okay."

"Okay." Jin nodded.

"So.. umm.. Lately, I have been.. umm.. I have .."

Shit. I didn't think this through.

Should I not tell him.

Jungkook felt he hear thumping irregularly in his chest.

"Jungkook, spit it out." Jin looked worried and impatient at the same time.

"Hyung." Jungkook sat on the edge of the couch. "What am I to you?"

"I have no idea where this is going Jungkook." Jin sighed.

"Just answer."

"Your my brother from another mother."

"Exactly and you mine too. Hyung I met someone."

"Wow Jeon Jungkook finally settling down with one person."

"I haven't known him for a long time but I feel something good and happy with him. Recently he was in a lot of trouble and I wanted to help him."

"Oh! Jungkook don't tell me your boyfriend is a criminal."

"I mean it's not... I mean."

"Oh my god." Jin rested his head on his hands.

"Hyung just hear me out please."

"Who is he? What is his name?"

"His name is Taehyung and he is...." Jungkook paused for sometime

"The guy behind the recent ripper case."

"WHAT" Jin shoot up. "Jungkook what the hell? Thats my case. He is my killer. He is a vicious psychopath. You should stay away from him. Where he knows." Jin opened his phone to call someone before Jungkook could stop him.

"Hyung don't. I .. I think I love him. Please just listen to my complete story."

Jin wasn't ready to listen to Jungkook no matter what he had to say. He just got up and left.

Jungkook ran behind Jin but wasn't able to catch up with him. Jungkook watched as Jin's car speeded off the runway. He immediately ringed up Taehyung to see what he was doing.

*
*
*
*

It has been almost an hour after Jin stormed off when Jungkook received a text from Jin

"Meet me at the cafe outside me work in 15."

Jungkook didn't know what to think of the message. All he could hope for was that his plan didn't put Taehyung in jeopardy.

Jungkook waiting outside to cafe to meet Jin.

"Jungkook." He turned out and meet yes with Jin. Jungkook wasn't able to read the expression on the older face. It was plain blank.

Jin walked passed him without saying anything and the younger just followed. They both took a seat by the window.

"Explain. Everything." Jin's eyes glared at the younger.

Without second thoughts, Jungkook started telling him Taehyung's story. About his birth and Erica, his first kill. And Jungkook's involvement in all of this.

"So what you're trying to say is that it's biological?" Jungkook nodded.

"Hyung by any chance you aren't recording us are you?"

"Jungkook seriously. Why would you think I would do that. Your trust comes before anything for me and right now you're telling me all this because you trust me." Jin ran his fingers through his chocolate locks. "Look at what this guy is doing to you."

"Hyung he isn't dong anything. He never wanted to do this. I convinced him. It was all my idea."

"To kill?"

"No to tell you."

"What do you expect me to do?"

"Just inform me if there are any leads on the case beforehand."

"Jungkook, you're asking too much of me. I can't keep a lid on this. I have a job and a position to maintain. I need to report this."

Jungkook felt his heart leap and his soul leave his body at the last words that came out of the elder's.

"Hyung no, please. He was fine with telling you all this because he trusts me and hyung..." Jungkook hesitated for a minute "I love him and I can't see him get hurt. No matter had horrid he gets I will be with him. I can control him too hyung."

"Jungkook are you even hearing yourself. You're telling me you feel in love with a monster."

"He is not a monster."

"Yes, he is. Haven't you been seeing the news."

"I don't care about all that. He can't do anything about it. It's like how we eat meat."

"He is killing people."

Jungkook looked around to see if anyone was eyeing them, but to his advantage, the cafe was completely empty right now.

"Jungkook, I want you to be safe. I won't go telling on him. Anyways all I know is his name and I have nothing else to go on. But if some evidence shows up I won't cover it up for you. And Jungkook I don't want you seeing him.I'm warning you. All he will bring you is darkness. Stay away."

"Hyung"

Jin put his hands up and stopped him before he could argue with him.

"No arguing. I have nothing else to say. I'll see you later today."

Jin got up and left the cafe and Jungkook sat there, alone with his head in his hands.

It's all a huge mistake.

I have messed stuff up.

~Flashback ends~

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^