17

Janet

"Bethany! Stop!" I yelled as I grabbed my girlfriend and pulled her away but not before she kicked the woman in her face

"Bethany! Stop!" I yelled as I grabbed my girlfriend and pulled her away but not before she kicked the woman in her face. "You gone catch a case!"

"This bitch is gonna learn not to fuck with me Janet!" She flung her body forwards and I almost lost grip but I tightened it.

Tika jumped up quickly but could only sit down on the bench from that head shot that Bethany delivered with her Timberlands.

Tika's friend came to her aid and I finally put Beth down when we got by her car. "Get in the car. Now!"

Bethany smacked her lips and got in the car. As I began driving she spoke. "The bitch had it coming."

"Okay Beth. Whatever." I was irritated with the fact that she had even fought to begin with.

"I'm sorry I fought JJ." She apologized sincerely.

I looked at her and found true sympathy on her face. "Are you being serious?"

She busted out laughing. "Hell no! She then learned her lesson and if she forgets it, I'll organize another round."

<> <> <> <> <>

4 hours before

"Jamie! I will punch you in your face if you don't leave me alone." I threatened my coworker who was nagging me.

"Janet! Come on. Get your ass up! You have been moping for too damn long." Jamie pulled the covers off of my body. "I got us a case and I'm sure you'll like it!"

I looked at him as I kind of perked up. "Okay you've got me, I'm all ears, I'm listening."

"15 year old boy, accused of robbing and killing his grandparents. His family called us and I told them I would run it by you."

My eyes jumped in excitement. "Okay I am so in. You could have called and told me this."

"Janet bye." Jamie rolled his eyes at me. "I have called you more than 10 times. I thought some of Tommy Renfros people had got to yo ass."

I chuckled. "Whatever. I've just been in a funk without Bethany."

Jamie frowned at me. "Aw, she still hasn't been back?" I shook my head in response and Jamie popped my thigh. "Get over it! Snap back Jackson! We don't do this shit. You wasn't even this phased when Tika's ass cheated on you."

"Quit hitting me!" I yelled at him before glaring. "And Bethany and Tika are two different people on two different levels. Tika and I always had that friendship more than a relationship. Not to mention the open marriage we decided upon. With Bethany, it's totally different and she just has a way with me that nobod—."