39

Bethany

Wedding Day

Wedding Day

The makeup artist did the last of my makeup, and I finally looked in the mirror. Through it, I saw Bianca, Trinity, and Nadia standing there.

Tears rushed to the brims of my eyes and Trinity rushed over. "No. No. No. Bethany, do not cry. You gone mess up this makeup."

I tilted my head back and blinked away my tears as I sniffled lowly. "I'm scared." I admitted.

"You're scared?" Bianca asked me as her and Nadia came closer to me.

"Scared shitless." I told them as I took a deep breath. "I always thought I would marry Tommy, happily ever after stuff, but this— Lord this is different. What if I'm not who she needs?"

"Momma J needs you." Nadia tuned in. "Don't get cold feet, you made me do something to my hair, all the hairspray I choked on? Oh no Momma, you're getting married."

I chuckled at my daughter and nodded. "Yeah, I'm getting married. Oh my God! It's weird even saying it!"

They laughed at me and Bianca touched my shoulder. "Put on your dress before you're late to your own wedding."

Trinity took it off the hook and I stared at the dress

Trinity took it off the hook and I stared at the dress. This shit was really happening, I was about to marry Janet Jackson.

"Guys." I called out. "I feel like I'm dreaming."

"Do you want us to pinch you? Cause your body needs to get up in this dress." Trinity told me.

Finally getting up, I grabbed my dress from Trinity and walked behind the door. I took the green dress I had off and stepped into my wedding gown.

When I pulled my straps up on my shoulders, I walked back into the room. "Would one of y'all tie the back please?"

Nadia immediately volunteered. "I'll do it."

My daughter came and tied the back of my dress and when I turned to thank her, I saw that she had shed some tears. "What's wrong Princess?"

"Nothing." She wiped her tears lightly for she had on makeup. "Y'all just grew up so fast!"