19

Janet

Bethany and I sat down in front of the tree at 9 in the morning

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Bethany and I sat down in front of the tree at 9 in the morning.

We were lucky to get down here this late because the kids had first came jumping on our bed at 7 am.

"Bet you cry first." Beth started a bet.

I shook my head. "How much we putting on this bet because you know you're soft."

"Ah, you sleep. Let's put 20 on it."

My head only nodded because I began paying attention to Kendrick.

Nadia was ripping through wrapping paper and Kendrick had yet to touch a gift for some reason.

"Kendrick, why aren't you opening your gifts?" Beth asked him.

"What if this is the last Christmas we have with each other? I don't want to open these gifts and get attached." He admitted as he looked at his feet.

I sighed and walked over to him. "Okay, first off I have a feeling you aren't going anywhere and secondly open the gifts, we spent a lot of time wrapping them."

"Oh bs!" Bethany interrupted my speech. "I spent a lot of time wrapping them. Janet you were talking to the— uh you were talking to Gil."

She was about to tell me that I was talking to the Foster woman but stopped herself before she could.

Kendrick laughed and I corrected myself. "Alright Bethany spent a lot of time wrapping them, but we both brought them, plus I think you'll like most presents and love 3 of them."

He perked up. "Point the 3 presents out and I'll open them first."

I shook my head. "Nope. Get to unwrapping."

Kendrick went to the tree and began unwrapping gifts and I went back to my spot next to Bethany.

She laid across my lap and looked at me. "How long before you think they open the gifts that are gonna make them scream?"

Kendrick jumped up suddenly as he smiled. "Y'all didn't!" He had unwrapped his phone. "No way! This ain't for me."

We laughed at him. "It is."

He struggled to open it and Beth stopped him. "Wait before we do that, finish unwrapping please."

It took Nadia a while because she had so many dolls and dance things but she finally got to her phone. "NO WAY!"

Her screaming made me jump. "Nadia, please warn someone before you scream."

She nodded in excitement and began cleaning up her side of the room.

Kendrick finally found the present that I had wrapped in a different paper. I tapped Bethany. "This is it."

Beth smiled and began recording.