27

Janet

I laid in the empty bed with my eyes closed

I was running around crazy lately. This case Jamie and I had picked up was killing us and our off time was becoming none existent.

The kids and Beth were busy modeling or doing activities most of the time.

To sum everything up, I was pretty much the queen of no alone time here lately. Every time I tried, the kids needed rides or Beth would call.

So right now, I laid in my bed finally resting my nerves. The kids were at school and Beth had a shoot.

When I felt myself falling asleep, my phone began ringing and I yelled into the pillow. I couldn't catch a break.

I grabbed the phone and answered. "Hello?"

"Hi, is this Ms.Jackson?" A woman asked me.

"Yes it is, who is this?"

"This is Principal Trent, I work at the school your kids attend. The kids had a run in with two others this evening and we need you to come down here. We tried contacting Ms.Taylor, but got no response."

"I'm on my way." I responded quickly as I hung up. "Why today God? I'm just trying to sleep!" I exclaimed as I looked up at ceiling.

Throwing the covers off of me, I got up and got dressed. Soon I was out the door and heading towards the school.

I called my girlfriend on the way there.

Surprisingly, she answered. "Hey babes. I thought you were about to go to sleep."

"The school didn't call you?" I asked her in annoyance as I drove.

"Actually, I'm not sure." She paused for a second. "My phones on do not disturb and only you and the kids can get through. Right now we just wrapped so I saw when you were calling. Is everything alright?"

"Something happened. They just told me to come to the school because the kids got into something. Meet me there?"

"Of course. We were shooting right around the corner from their school, so give me 5 at the most."

"Alright. See you in a few. Love you."

"Love you too." I disconnected the phone and continued the drive.

What the hell had these kids gotten themselves into?

Kendrick