26

Bethany

Steam engulfed the restroom as I stepped out the shower

Steam engulfed the restroom as I stepped out the shower. I dried off, lotioned my body, and put on tights and a shirt.

I heard music coming from Kendrick's room and I went to it. I closed Kendrick's door after turning his music off, for he had fallen asleep.

Nadia had to stay in the hospital for another day or two due to them wanting to take observations or something.

I walked down the steps and into the kitchen as I pulled out some wine. With the night I was having, I needed something to get me through this.

The door to the house opened and Janet walked in. She looked at me and I knew she was angry by her stance.

"You don't know how to tell the truth do you? All Bethany Taylor does is lie! You can't tell the truth to save your fucking life."

My eyes widened at her coming at me on 100 and I was barely on 1.

Still, her yelling made me match her tone. "First off, chill out. I don't even know what you're talking about."

She pulled out a flash drive. "Explain this."

I wore a confused expression because I didn't know what a flash drive had to do with anything. "Janet, I can't explain a damn flash drive I haven't opened. Please inform me on what is on it so we can go from there."

"You and Ralph had a talk before you killed Tommy." I went to contest what she was saying and she cut me off. "Bethany I swear to God if another lie falls from your lips we are going to be in this kitchen fighting!"

"Okay, fine! So what if we did?"

"It was premeditated murder! You aren't innocent. You planned that shit out!" Janet had turned red from the rage she was feeling.

"No, I was late coming home and he flipped a script. It happened and I don't regret shit. I couldn't tell you that Janet!"

"Bullshit!"

"Okay whatever!" I yelled back. "I'm not the only one telling lies! You lied about Tika. You lied about what JonJon told you! You lie too! I'm not the bad guy if you aren't."

"Fine! Lets put this shit on the table then." She slammed her hands on the island counter.

"Fine lets." I encouraged her to continue because I was getting irritated with her all in all and was ready for what she was about to say.

"Tika was my first love and we got married. The end. Sorry I didn't tell you that, but at least I wasn't shooting people and putting hits out!"

When she mentioned the hit, my heart dropped. Tommy was a argument I was prepared for, but the hit I just put out was something I didn't see coming.