35

Bethany

"Termite shot Dev

"Termite shot Dev." I stated more so to myself.

Nadia had clung to my arm and was almost squeezing the life out of it.

I looked back at Janet, and we met eye contact. "No confrontation."

Nodding, I agreed. "Yeah, agreed. I'll be right back."

Nadia refused to let me go. "No mommy, please don't go over there."

"I'm not sweetheart. I just have to make a phone call." I promised her as she finally let me go and I grabbed my phone as I was walking away.

My fingers dialed T's number.

"Hey, we haven't found out much on it yet."

I shook my head as I adjusted my cap. "Call it off. I know who shot him, and it's to personal for my likings. It might be too messy for us."

"You sure?"

"Yeah and the other boy too. They're going to get what's coming to them, just not about to come from us." I mumbled.

Apart of me wanted to do exactly what he did to my sons friend, but I had a heart and that's Bianca's boy. I wouldn't ever cross that line.

"Alright. Hit us up if you need anything BT. You know how we rock about you."

"Yeah. I know. Talk to you later." I ended the call and when I turned around I saw that Janet was closer than I expected her to be.

"Well, I would be mad that you put hits out, but that is our kids." She told me as she studied my face. "Plus you just called it off and came to your senses."

"I know I said I was done—."

"Bethany I don't care." Janet shrugged it off. "I'm taking the kids back home. They don't want to be here anymore."

I nodded. "Okay, I'll be behind y'all. Let me get my stuff."

"Alright."

Janet was acting like we weren't just arguing a few moments back, or maybe she just didn't want to talk on it at the moment.

I ran over to get my bag and picked it up from off the ground. When I swung it over my shoulder, Bianca and Trinity came over.

"Where you going?" Trinity asked me.

"Home." I answered slyly. "This was fun, but my kids need me so."

"Let's go to spouse dinner later on then." Bianca suggested. "It'll be fun if everyone meets everyone."

"Yeah, I'll check with Janet and you can check with the man you're keeping a secret." I told Bi.

Honestly, I wasn't planning on going. Today was not as easy of a day as I would have liked it to be.