32

Bethany

My body shook harshly and I smacked my lips

My body shook harshly and I smacked my lips. "Janet, I'm trying to sleep. Leave me alone."

"Momma, wake up." I heard Nadia's voice and my eyes immediately opened.

"Nadia, what's wrong?" I asked her as I saw she was standing over me in the darkness.

"Momma." Nadia took a deep breath. "Get up. Come on. Momma, get up."

My body slid out the bed quickly and I followed my daughter into the hall. "Nadia where are we—."

I stopped talking when I walked into Kendrick's room. His room was ransacked. Everything was everywhere. His window was open.

"I heard things crashing and falling, and I came to ask him if he heard it. I found his room like this. Mommy, he wouldn't just leave without at least telling me. I think something is wrong." Nadia expressed to me as she began panicking.

"Nadia please calm down." I told her as I yelled out. "Babe!"

Nadia sat on his bed as she responded. "I don't think she heard you."

Janet didn't respond nor did I hear anything moving. I walked into our bedroom and she was still sleep.

I hit the light switch. "Janet Jackson!"

My girlfriend eyes shot open as she sat up slowly. "Yeah?"

"Kendrick's not here."

Janet seemed to get a speed booster in her system as her voice got louder. "What do you mean he isn't here?"

"I mean, he's not in this house, and it's 2 in the morning." I explained so that my girlfriend could truly grasp this situation.

It was JJ's turn to shoot out of bed. She flew right pass me and towards his room, like he was just going to appear out of thin air or something.

Nadia hadn't moved from the bed and I watched for Janet's next move.

Of course, I didn't care what time it was, I was going to go out and look for my son.

Suddenly, Janet slammed the window closed and locked it.

It made Nadia jump, and she looked between us before saying something. "What are you doing? How is he going to get back in?"

"He's going to come through the front door." Janet answered Nadia.

I never got caught sneaking out or sneaking back in, so I truly knew that something else was going on with Kendrick. I mean sure he snuck out, but ransacking his room was something that wasn't adding up.

"How the hell did he get down?" I asked my girlfriend.

Janet shook her head before going back into our bedroom and I followed. She grabbed some clothes. "I don't know, let's go find out."