22

Bethany

I drove up 21st street as tears crowded my vision, I didn't let them fall

I drove up 21st street as tears crowded my vision, I didn't let them fall. Kendrick was in the passenger seat and had yet to be informed on what was going on.

My ears had heard everything. I heard the crash. I heard Nadia scream, and the line just went dead after that.

My eyesight found the colors of sirens playing on trees as I was about to pass up Wilson.

"Shit! She said Wilson." I put my car in reverse and took a turn on Wilson.

When I got to the scene, I parked my car and hopped out. There was a crowd and Kendrick and I fought our way through.

When we made it to the front I jumped the signs.

"Ma'am you can't be here!" A police officer yelled as he grabbed me.

"That's my daughter and my wife!" I yelled to him over the sounds of the wrecker truck and the fire truck.

The man let me and Kendrick through and my eyes set sight on the car. It was flipped over and one side of the car was smashed in more than the other.

"No. No. No. Momma, this isn't happening." He began crying.

I didn't answer Kendrick but instead looked for the ambulances or anybody who had my babies.

"Kendrick find them. Please. Find them. Where is the ambulance?" I was panicking really badly.

I couldn't believe them assholes had gone to this extent just to prove a message. They had just poked a bear.

It was gonna be handled, I had made some texts in the House and I knew they would handle it.

Kendrick pointed. "Mom!"

He took off running for the ambulance and I saw Janet laying on a stretcher. They pushed her in the ambulance before we reached her.

I grabbed the paramedic who had shut the door. "My daughter. Where's my daughter?"

"We rushed the little girl to the hospital ma'am. It didn't look good." The paramedic spoke. "And we have to get this lady there quickly as well. She's losing blood."

He broke out of my grip and ran to get in the ambulance.

I turned around. "Kendrick let's go. Now!"

We both took off running back towards my car. When we got in, I put my car in reverse and got back on 21st street.

"Momma. Are they gonna be okay?" Kendrick asked me as he sniffled.

"I don't know Kendrick." I was speeding. "Do you have your seatbelt on?"

He put in on quickly and I realized mines wasn't even on.

Kendrick let out a prayer. "God, let them be okay. I know I'm not perfect God, and only you are, so only you can fix this. Let them be okay. Please, Jesus, my heart can't take no more pain. I'm so tired of hurting, so please just let them be alright."