28

Bethany

In The Office

In The Office

"April, I'm sorry for her. She's been on edge here lately. Stressing over cases and everything." I apologized for my girlfriend.

April shook her head. "No, it's okay. Really. It is."

"Is there anyway I can get this suspension lifted? These children need to get their education."

"Of course." My old friend nodded as she checked her clock. "Hey you busy right now? Let's catch up."

Nadia came back in and tried to pull me out of the office but I shot her a look and she stopped.

"Yeah, I'm free. Lunch?"

"That's fine. I have to tell you a lot! I was engaged to Crystal, and it all went to crap." She filled me in.

"Oh, say less. Lunch. Name a place."

"Rositas are up the block." April informed me.

Confusion wore my face. "I have never even heard of that place before. Alright, that's fine. I'll meet you there."

<> <> <> <> <>

April and I sat at some lunch place she had suggested called 'Rositas'.

She looked at me weirdly and I questioned her look. "What? You've been doing that for 3 minutes now."

April laughed. "Doing what?"

"Looking at me, like that." I pointed out how she was looking.

"Your girlfriend is crazy." She commented.

I narrowed my eyes at her playfully. "Hey, I need someone who is gonna match my crazy."

She nodded slightly. "I didn't think you'd ever leave Tommy."

"I don't count what happened as leaving." I responded as I dipped my fry in ranch.

"I do."

"I guess, so how've you been?"

"Oh yeah, Crystal." She remembered she was going to tell me. "So, I loved this chick. She was like really my heart and soul, but I found out she was up to some faulty things. Like cheating. It was a huge tear jerker."

April showed no emotions when she said that, her voice stayed playful, and it kind of made me think she was lying.

"Now April, I have never known you to be gay. Back in the day, you were strictly dickly, for what's his name again?"

"Don't bring him up!" She cancelled the conversation before it even began.

I laughed. "Y'all had sweatshirts made and everything. That's what y'all clucks get."