29

Janet

I placed my phone down on the counter of Tish's kitchen

She looked up at me. "What's up with you? I mean I love that you popped up because we haven't really been communicating here lately, but like you kind of just popped up."

"Maybe I needed a friend." I suggested.

Tish smacked her lips. "Whatever. You need a friend like you need some damn dick and we both know you don't need none of that. Really though what's up? You know you're always welcomed to stay, but is everything alright?"

Frowning, I shook my head. "I have a girlfriend right."

Tish banged her spatula against the pan in surprise. "What? Since when? When was I gonna find out? When were you going to tell me?! If Tina knows I'm fucking fighting you! Did you tell her before you told me? Damn, I go on a trip of mental solitude for two damn months to paint and y'all asses out here telling each other everything and shit!"

"Tina doesn't know! Calm down." I yelled to get her to shut up. "I haven't even talked to Tina."

"Oh please don't tell me y'all still into it over that same shit."

"She's still salty. It was a bad case and I don't understand why she's that upset about it. I didn't agree nor have a lack of morals to represent that man. Ya friend is mentally unstable and you should have taken her on that trip of mental solitude with you."

"Hey." Tish shrugged as she flipped the burger patty. "She's in love with the man."

"That's not love. That's brainwashing, but you can't help nobody that don't want to be helped. Still, I refused to contribute into the bullshit by keeping his ass out of the jail cell he needed to be in."

"You know I agree, but when it comes to Tina, we've always had to let her fly on her own. She learns in her own timing. It's been like that since we were little Jan, and you know that." Tish reminded me. "Even when we would specifically tell her that what she was doing was a bad idea, she still went out and did it."

"I know. I don't regret my decision on it though. He's beating her, what the hell do I look like getting him off? Not to mention this charge was from a whole different female that he was hitting. So he cheating on the woman too!" It was my turn to remind Tish on the facts of the situation.

"I'm not in it." She told me letting the topic go as she took the patties out of the skillet and turned her stove off. "Okay, that wasn't main topic. Topic was your girlfriend. Go tell me all about her."

"Welllll." I pulled my ear. "You have actually met her before."

Tish looked at me. "Who?"

"Remember Tommy? The guy you told me you didn't sleep with." I questioned her.