38

Janet

2 months later

2 months later

"Ma, look out the front window!" I heard my daughters voice yell out from her bedroom.

I didn't feel like moving so I questioned her motive. "Why? I'm comfortable!"

When I looked up for a second, I saw a figure fly by and soon heard footsteps flowing down the steps. "Momma get up, come see!"

Finally getting up, I walked down the steps and saw that Nadia was at our now open front door and looking at the street.

The classic red and blue sirens danced upon the street of my house.

I would tell my girlfriend, but Beth wasn't home, she had a late night shoot.

At this point, Beth was better than me, because when I began my singing career, I hung my law practice out to dry. Jamie knows he can always come to me if he needs help though.

Miraculously, my girlfriend can handle both writing a book and making photo sessions on time. It just couldn't be me.

"What happened?" I wondered.

"He got arrested. Makayla just texted me about it." Nadia answered me.

Makayla was Nadia's best friend. The girl had a good head on her shoulders, well at least from what I saw so far she did.

Her and Nadia clicked and we all watched as Nadia began to come back to her old ways. Well at least most of it.

"I wonder what he did to get this caught up." Nadia wondered aimlessly.

I looked at her. "I don't know sweet pea, but I do know that he deserved it."

Closing the door, I walked back into the living room and I heard footsteps coming down the steps rapidly. "Momma J! Your song!"

"My song?"

"Get in the car! Go! Get in the car!" Kendrick grabbed my keys and jolted outside and Nadia and I followed.

We all got in the car and Kendrick was in the drivers seat as he started the car. "Boy you are not driving with me in the passenger seat."

He shot me a look as he turned the radio up. "Momma, listen."

Anytime, Anyplace filled the car and my eyes widened.

"No way!" I yelled out as I got excited.

Nadia spoke. "Momma, you are on the freaking radio!"

Headlights pulled into the driveway and I knew it was Bethany. She got out of her car and opened the door to mines. "Baby, your song is on the radio!"

I pulled her into my lap as we shared a kiss.

Kendrick interrupted us as he pointed at the street. "Aside from this happy moment, and abrupt amount PDA, why's the cops on the block?"