18

Bethany

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve

Janet bursted into the bedroom. "It came on time!"

She held two envelopes in her hands. "What came on time?"

She handed me the two envelopes. I unfolded them and read through both of them.

"Aw! He's going to be so happy JJ!" I matched her excitement as I looked upon our foster license and the papers that told us Kendrick was under our care.

We had the last person come and visit yesterday. Well she met JJ and got to know her, I was knee deep in gift wrapping paper and wrapping the kids gifts.

So for that purpose the kids were at my mothers house.

"How are we going to give it to him?"

"How my mom used to give me money. Wrap it like a scroll, stick it in a roll of paper towels and just for his excitement stick some cash in there to." I shrugged.

Janet stared at me. "That is not a bad idea at all."

She disappeared and I knew it was to get a roll of paper towels. When she came back she followed my steps and then held it out for me to grab.

"No. Hell no. I wrapped about 50 dang presents yesterday."

"I cleaned up!"

"Great for you baby, but I am not, I repeat am not about to wrap that. I love him like he's my own but if you not wrapping it, it seems like you need to stick it in the back of the tree, cause I'm not either." I instructed her.

JJ pouted at me. "Fine. I'll be back."

My phone buzzed.

GayGil 🌈
You think she still hates me?

I rolled my eyes as I texted back.

To: GayGil 🌈
She never hated you. She was just taking her anger out on you. If you wanna make it right you better come now, she's in a good mood.

He texted back quickly.

GayGil 🌈
How good of a mood we talking? Cause I'm pulling up.

To: GayGil 🌈
The Jolly good spirit. I'll open the door for you. 

Janet came back into our bedroom and smiled to herself. "I just can't believe that this happening. Best Christmas ever."

The door bell rang and I jumped up. "I'll get it!"

I rushed down the stairs and opened the door for Gil. I hugged him, we hadn't seen much of each other since Janet got salty with him like 2 months ago.

They are both so damn stubborn, they hadn't spoken to each other, leaving me in the middle, just you know, being a innocent bystander.

"Merry Christmas Beth." He told me as we let go of the hug.