23

Janet

I had spent 3 days in this hospital and right now I was sitting in Nadia's room as she slept

I had spent 3 days in this hospital and right now I was sitting in Nadia's room as she slept. They had put her in an induced coma, which broke our hearts, but it was for her health.

I think when she wakes up she's gonna squeal because her little boyfriend came and brought flowers, balloons and her favorite candy.

Bethany had left a few ago, I honestly don't know what's been going on with her. When she's around me, she seems like the Bethany I've come to love.

Yet, sometimes I catch her off guard or when she thinks I'm sleep. She'll be sending texts or talking lowly on the phone.

Other times she'd be staring off into space with this cold expression, similar to the one that I was met with during our first meet.

Honestly, it had been scaring the hell out of me.

The door opened and Ralph Angel walked in. "Baby momma. How are you?"

"Hey, I thought Beth was with you?" I questioned him.

Bethany had left and told me she was going to go meet up with Ralph Angel, yet here he was with no Beth.

"Huh?" He wore a confused expression then tried to mask it. "Oh yeah. I just dropped her off at the modeling agency. She had a meeting."

"Don't lie to me, Ralph Angel." I warned him. "You don't have any earthly idea where my girlfriend is, do you?"

He sighed as he shook his head. "Nope. None at all. You sure she said my name?"

I nodded slightly. "Yeah. I am."

"Well it's gotta be a reason that she's lying." Ralph tried to save his 'Sister'. "She wouldn't just lie."

My fingers began to fiddle with the cast on my arm. "Yeah. Sure she wouldn't."

He faced me for a second. "What was that supposed to mean?" Ralph went to Nadia's bedside and frowned.

"Nothing. Forget I said anything."

"When did they say she's going to wake up?" He was asking about Nadia.

"They said whenever she decides to, she'll wake up."

"This is all so crazy." He admitted as he ran a hand over his face.

"He was in a black Escalade. Tall and dark. Who is that man Ralph?"

Ralph turned to me as his stance went completely rigid. "He hit y'all?"

I shook my head. "No, but he followed us. So I guess he's the reason we were hit. He told me that he was avenging Tommy and by the way you just asked that question, I know you know something. Who is that man?"

"Look, I'm pretty sure she ain't told you. It's some shit you don't know about the woman you're dating and it's not my place to tell it. What you should know is that she'd do anything for you, and if who you are describing is who I think it is, she's— getting it handled."