11: admit it.

"everyone is lost for words like you, being fourth dimensional, miraculous view," donghyuck sang, a lovestruck expression on his face as he walked across the stage with the opening chords of the song.

sanha joined him with a few of the dancers, walking into formation and started dancing.

it was a song front the first act, where the main characters meet again during high school and chen remembers luna being his first love years ago. chen's new best friend, kai, (who was being played by sanha) has a crush on luna's best friend, krystal (xiyeon). the two girls were sitting on a bench stage left, pretending to talk and occasionally looking over at the boys as the song went on.

"the sky is perfectly spread in the ocean, time is in a bottle..."

"pfft. poetry."

"mark, i can tell you're not concentrating," chittaphon's voice sounded through the walkie talkie.

and no, mark wasn't concentrating on his job of testing out which coloured lights to use for the lighting change halfway through the song. because he was staring at donghyuck.

again.

"mark, seriously, you'll miss the cue," chittaphon hissed.

mark grabbed his walkie talkie and muttered, "yes, hyung, i'm doing it." he resisted the urge to throw the device off the top of the lighting rig where he sat.

he had been spending a lot of time up there over the past three weeks since rehearsals started; it gave him a good view of the stage.

he had a small control box in his hands, which would allow him to control certain lights, including the ones he was colour testing.

"you were so used to being bored, you forgot about the special-"

"oh, shit!" mark uttered, flicking a switch.

the stage was bathed in pink, the warm tones blending well with donghyuck's hair.

the song ended and mark watched as chittaphon had left the lighting box and was now coming towards him.

"sorry," he said lamely.

"is everything okay?" chittaphon asked in a gentler tone.

"uh, yeah?" mark said, feeling unsure by the fact that chittaphon felt the need to ask. "i'm fine."

"you missed the lighting cue!" donghyuck shouted, oh so helpfully.

"i never asked you to memorize them!" mark retorted.

"calm down, ladies," mr byun drawled, hopping down off the piano. "great work, babes," he added to sanha, "you're sounding fab."

"thanks, mr byun," the lanky boy said, beaming.

donghyuck waited a moment before saying, "what about me, sir?"

mark groaned.

"you gonna come down from there?" chittaphon called. "we need to move it to stage left."

"what - onstage?" mark questioned, starting to climb down.

"yep," chittaphon replied with a sigh. "mr byun wants lights from a certain angle so we'll have to move the ones in the wings."

"to above- alright," mark said reluctantly, knowing how much work that would take. he kicked the brakes off the bottom of the lighting rig and started to push it down the aisle, between rows of plush velvet seats.