22: favour returned.

"hello, again," sanha said with a grin when donghyuck trudged over to their lunch table the following day.

"i can leave," the peacy-haired boy offered, gesturing away from the table.

"sit down, idiot," chani tutted, tugging on donghyuck's arm.

"not long now 'til winter break," seungyeon remarked.

"that's true," mark murmured, stealing a glance at donghyuck. "are you doing anything?"

"nothing exciting," she laughed. "maybe my boyfriend will have something planned, who knows."

"oh, he definitely will," kyla commented, blushing when everyone looked at her questioningly.

"am i missing something?" donghyuck demanded.

"what do you mean?" sanha added.

"well, you all know who her boyfriend is, right?" kyla stammered.

seungyeon rolled her eyes. "kyla, they don't care-"

"yeah, we do," sanha interrupted, "i care about everyone's business. tell me!"

"what did i miss?" xiyeon asked with a grin, almost bounding over to the table and flopping into the seat next to donghyuck.

"we're trying to get seungyeon to tell us who her boyfriend is," he explained.

"you guys don't know?" xiyeon asked, flipping her long black hair behind her shoulders. "she's dating boo seungkwan."

the drama geeks went into chaos.

"what do you mean, you're dating boo seungkwan?" donghyuck uttered.

"that's like saying you're dating kwon soonyoung!" sanha shrieked, referring to the other legend of their drama department who had gone on to become a choreographer.

"you're really dating seungkwan?" mark asked with interest.

"yes, who cares anyway?" seungyeon groaned.

"is he coming to see the show?" donghyuck asked.

"of course, i'm in it?"

the peachy-haired boy started fanning himself. "the boo seungkwan is coming to our show," he whispered.

"how can i go onstage in front of someone like him?" sanha complained, "i feel talentless."

"guys, chill," xiyeon laughed, "you're all amazing. and i'm sure seungkwan will think so, too."

"he will!" seungyeon insisted. "he won't stop going on about how they never did such a great musical when he was here."

"i never want to see kwon soonyoung in green tights again," donghyuck agreed.

"or nayoung in that blonde wig," xiyeon agreed.

"at least they're doing universe," chani said, "the chorus numbers are actually good."

"they're better than good," kyla agreed, the two of them having the role of understudies for the main leads, but also getting to be in the group songs or scenes as part of the chorus line.

"just be glad kim junmyeon used to teach here," mark pointed out. "the drama department would never have got the rights to it, otherwise."

"well, i think it's great," sanha said brightly.

"you know what they should do," xiyeon piped up, "is something like sound of music, or chicago."

"or les mis," seungyeon added.