12: attention.

donghyuck sneezed violently, startling the whole class.

"oh my god, shut up!" jaemin hissed.

donghyuck twisted around in his seat to hit his friend over the head. "not my fault i've got this fucking cold!"

"you were the one who walked home alone a week ago," jaemin retorted. "and now you're still fucking sneezing."

"you think i can help it, bitch?" he whispered, sinking down in his seat.

"how come you're not getting better?" renjun questioned.

"it's been like, two weeks," jeno agreed.

"one week," jaemin corrected.

"pfft, same thing," said renjun, smiling at jeno.

"i don't fucking know," donghyuck grumbled, sniffing. "my throat is starting to itch and i have rehearsal later."

"too bad," jaemin said wryly.

"bitch," donghyuck said, turning around again.

"stop talking," the teacher barked, prompting all four boys to get back to work.

"hey, are you coming to practice tomorrow?"

"of course i am," donghyuck hissed, clearing his throat. it was still itchy, though. "yukhei hyung will actually murder me otherwise."

"but if you're ill-"

"there's a game next weekend, of course i'll be there," donghyuck cut him off.

"god, okay, i want just saying," renjun muttered, rolling his eyes.

jeno threw him a smile and patted his arm comfortingly. renjun tried not to blush.

***

"oh my god," jaemin whined.

"who are you, donghyuck?" jeno joked.

renjun snickered as he pulled his soccer shirt over his head. "quit whining, nana."

"what?" jaemin demanded. "look at the fucking weather!" he shoved his phone in the chinese boy's face.

renjun could just about make out the rainclouds on jaemin's screen and sighed.

"it's usually wrong," he pointed out, sitting down on the bench to tie his laces.

"it's been right before," jaemin groaned. "it's going to fucking rain and yukhei is making us go outside."

"what happened to the hyung, eh?" the soccer captain questioned, entering the locker rooms with a grin. he caught jaemin in a headlock. "where's my favourite player today, then?"

"you mean me?" donghyuck asserted, shoving open the door and stalking through.

"you decided to turn up," yukhei drawled, letting jaemin out of the near-chokehold and standing at his full height and towering over the peachy-haired boy.

donghyuck gulped. "yes, captain," he squeaked.

"you seem unwell," yukhei observed, placing a hand on the side of donghyuck's head. "take care of yourself, yeah? i don't want you missing any more training, okay?"

donghyuck nodded, the feeling of yukhei's hand on his head an unfamiliar one.

yukhei smiled and patted his hair before withdrawing his hand. "hurry up and get warmed up, boys."