27: "traitor".

"you're here early," chittaphon mumbled, rubbing at his eyes as he shuffled into the art room.

mark glanced up from where he was replacing the batteries on a couple of the radio mics.

"oh, morning, hyung," he said brightly.

"too loud," chittaphon groaned, placing his hands over his ears, "too early."

"sorry," mark said in a hushed tone. he cast his gaze over the small thai man who had recently dyed his hair black. "everything okay?"

"great, actually," chittaphon answered, cracking a smile as he ran a hand through his messy hair, "just wrecked."

mark frowned slightly. chittaphon had never come into work looking untidy before. and he never wore the same clothes two days in a row--

"bit of a late one?" donghyuck asked mildly, sidling into the classroom.

the dark-haired senior took a step back and knocked over a pot of brushes.

donghyuck hid a smirk as mark fumbled to pick them up whilst looking extremely flustered.

"morning, donghyuck," said chittaphon. "yeah, bit late," he added with a nervous laugh. he straightened out his t-shirt, but that did nothing to hide the fact it had obviosuly spent the night on the floor. "how come you're both here so early?"

"batteries," mark answered, setting the pot back on the desk and stepping away from it. he picked up a radio mic and waved it in the air for emphasis.

"oh, i was just looking for," donghyuck trailed off, his gaze falling on one of renjun's beautiful pieces of set. he cleared his throat uncomfortably. "just passing through."

"well, don't be late for class," chittaphon said, smiling, though he rubbed his eyes. "the new gobos and filters have come it, so we'll be testing them out later."

"which scenes are we using them for?" mark questioned, meaning to note it down on his copy of the script.

"uh," the thai man said, his brow furrowed, "the disco scene and the dance-off."

"oh, right, married to the music," said mark, nodding. "i'll get to class now."

"see you later," chittaphon replied. "you're doing good, donghyuck. i can't wait til the real thing."

"same," donghyuck said with a grin, waving as chittaphon left the art room. "he totally got laid last night."

"what?" mark spluttered. "why would you say that?"

"didn't you see the hickies on his neck?" he pointed out. donghyuck stuffed his hands in the pockets of his black jeans and walked out into the wings.

mark grabbed the box of mics and followed after him.

"besides, that man was a mess," donghyuck continued. "he's totally seeing someone. he always runs off straight after he's finished his work."

"yeah, but that doesn't mean--"

"trust me on this," donghyuck said, starting to sound a bit glum. "i can tell these things. especially when people think you've got no idea."

"who are you talking about?" mark questioned as he shoved the box in the storage cupboard, the doors closing with a clang.

"nobody in particular," donghyuck lied. "aren't you going to be late for class?"

"oh, i think the new posters are up," mark said, brightening up.

donghyuck's eyes went wide and he grabbed mark's wrist, pulling him back towards the main building.

"umji said they haven't gone up in the theatre yet, oof!" he uttered as he bumped into donghyuck's back when the boy stopped unexpectedly.