50: suspicious behaviour.

"ugh, it's too fucking early," sanha complained as he shook snow off his coat.

mark was giggling as donghyuck roughly swiped snowflakes off his padded jacket.

"aw, there's some in your hair as well, hyung," donghyuck commented, grinning as he brushed through mark's short dark hair.

"you guys are disgusting," sanha said with distaste.

"they are," chittaphon agreed, climbing down from a step ladder.

"you and taeyong hyung are worse," mark teased, making chittaphon roll his eyes.

"ayo, sanha!" yehana yelled as she ran in from the wings, jumping onto sanha's back, seungyeon running in after her.

donghyuck and mark gave the tall boy a pointed look as he stood there blushing. having caught the girl on his back.

"alright, shut up," he grumbled. "get down now," he added, placing yehana gently sown on the floor. "yah, wear a scarf, you'll catch a cold..."

"hey, guys," said chani, waving from the auditorium before beginning to struggle up the stage steps with his crutches.

"the fuck are you doing?" donghyuck said exasperatedly, hurrying down to stop chani from attempting to mount the stage. "sit here," he added, helping chani into one of the red velvet cushioned seats in the front row.

the black-haired boy chuckled and smiled up at them.

"hey, guys," daehwi mumbled as he hastened in through the stage door, stamping his feet in attempt to alleviate the coldness seeping through his toes.

"you're so cute," xiyeon cooed, "where can i find you a significant other?" she ruffled his honey-coloured hair fondly.

he smiled sheepishly. "it's fine," he said, "i don't need a relationship right now."

donghyuck glanced over with a sad smile, exchanging a glance with mark before walking back up the steps onto the stage.

"everyone throw your coats over here," said chani, raising his arms.

he was then showered with a pile of coats and scarves but was beaming as he organised them and put them on the back of the chairs either side of him.

"it's so cold!" chenle shrieked as he appeared from the wings, clad in a massive coat, wooly hat, scarf and even fully mittens. he stamped across the stage, cheeks pink from the cold air outside.

"it's freezing," mr byun agreed, walking in with a bundle of sheet music in his arms. he was wearing a casual christmassy sweater with a reindeer on the front instead of his usual sharp suit, which threw everyone else off a little before they soon got used to his appearance being as soft as his personality.

to the surprise of the students, mr park then walked in, taking long strides in a pair of jeans and a matching sweater to mr byun.

"wait..." sanha uttered.

xiyeon and kyla exchanged a high five, and donghyuck gripped mark's arm with excitement.

"get to work immediately, babes," mr byun said in a warning tone, with a look that said mention anything about our sweaters and i will personally make your life a living hell. "i know it's saturday, but we have work to do."

"yes, mr byun," the kids said hurriedly, grabbing their scripts and clearing the stage.

mr park glanced at mr byun from the piano and smirked. mr byun caught his eye and blew him a kiss, thinking the students weren't looking.

"so fucking cute," donghyuck grumbled as he and mark dragged the sofa into the wings.

"they are," mark said with a chuckle. "never saw it coming, though."

"are you blind?" donghyuck uttered, "they've been into each other for ages."

mark laughed helplessly. "if you say so."

donghyuck stuck his tongue out at the older. "it's true," he said, giving mark a light shove.

but mark ended up falling onto the sofa, and with the help of sanha's large foot that miraculously appeared in front of donghyuck's ankles, donghyuck fell on top of him on the sofa.

"oof," he let out, feeling mark's body beneath him.

mark was blushing bright red, staring into donghyuck's eyes. their faces were inches apart. then donghyuck smirked.

"hyuck, don't look at me like that-"

donghyuck cut him off with a light kiss. "like what?" he said innocently.

"if y'all can stop fucking over there-"

"yehana, language!"

"sorry, mr byun. but donghyuck, you're in this scene!"

"get your ass over here," sanha agreed.

"just standing up for your girlfriend," donghyuck whined, pulling himself up and offering mark a hand, hauling him to his feet as well.

"i'm not his girlfriend..." yehana looked embarrassed, and neither she or sanha could look the other in the eye.

sanha then clenched his fists. "yehana," he said.

"what?" she uttered, cheeks painted bright pink.

"will you be my girlfriend?" he blurted.

the cast and crew erupted in cheers, and mr byun was lost for words.

"sure, kai, but i'm not sure what krystal will think about that," yehana said pointedly.

"what?" sanha spluttered. "b-but xiyeon's gay-"

"bi," xiyeon interjected.

"-and she would never date me anyway! a-and i'm not talking about our universe characters-"

"of course i will, you complete dumbass," yehana butt in. she shoved his shoulder. "as if it's even a question at this point."

"is what a question?" he asked, confused.

"oh my god!" seungyeon exclaimed.

"i will be your girlfriend!"

sanha looked lost until his brain comprehended the fact that yehana was now his girlfriend. he let out a shriek. "really?"

"she said yes, now get back to your scene!" mr byun screeched.

"sorry, i'm late," said nancy, fixing her messy hair and not sounding very sorry at all as she walked across the stage, disturbing donghyuck's next scene with seungyeon.

"nancy, please," mr byun said, pinching the bridge of his nose. "why are you late?"

"i slept in," she replied, wiping a smudge of lipstick from the corner of her mouth.

"we've been waiting for you, babes," he sighed, pushing his round glasses back up his nose. "check scene five, we're running it after this one."

donghyuck refrained from rolling his eyes but when he saw a ladder in the back of nancy's black tights, which only added to the list of things that seemed amiss with her, his gaze fell on mark, who was watching from the wings.

mark was looking at nancy with a frown, seeing that donghyuck was having the same thoughts when their eyes finally met.

what had nancy been doing? and what would become of jaemin in all this?