31: red, the blood of angry men.

"donghyuck, are you coming to the movie night?" mark questioned, poking his head round the dressing room door.

"bitch, what- oh, hey, hyung," he said with a grin.

the peachy-haired boy was standing on a step-ladder as doyoung fussed with the hem of donghyuck's white pants.

"hi, mark-hyung!" chenle squealed, waving his arms from where he stood on an even higher step-ladder with mr choi pinning his costume.

"careful, i might stab you with a pin if you keep flailing around like that," the textiles teacher sighed, pushing a pin into the pin cushion he wore on his wrist.

"sorry, mr choi," chenle said sheepishly. the small dancer had shown himself to be so good that he was one of the main five boys in the show, and all week he had been running about backstage, acquainting himself with the backstage staff. especially mark, who chenle seemed to admire greatly.

"hey, chenle," mark replied, smiling. "are you coming tonight?"

"if my mom says i can," the blond boy giggled. "i want to invite jisung along, too - are we allowed to bring a friend?"

"minki-hyung, please could you pass a pin?" doyoung asked the teacher as he held donghyuck's pant-leg in place, "i've run out."

mr choi just stretched out his arm and let doyoung help himself to pins.

"thank you," said doyoung. "hyuck, keep still, would you? i swear i just can't get this fucking seam straight-"

"language," mr choi tutted, tucking his long dark hair behind his ear.

"sorry, minki-hyung," doyoung mumbled.

"yah, chenle," said donghyuck, "which jisung is that?"

"jisung pwark!" the small sophomore crowed in a bad american accent, "he's the star striker on the soccer team and i honestly thought he'd never speak to me but he saw me dancing in the park a few weeks ago and said i was really good! he's amazing at soccer and..."

"i know who he is," donghyuck sniffed as chenle just kept rambling in his adorable broken korean. he looked at mark. "sorry, what did you say?"

"there's a movie night in the theatre later," mark explained. "Didn't your hear about it?"

"probably wasn't listening," donghyuck said dismissively. "hyung, are you done yet?" he asked irritably, "my knees are starting to hurt."

"weak," doyoung teased.

"you can't lift a bag of sugar," donghyuck sneered.

"i can now! i told you i-"

"stick," donghyuck interrupted. "have you finished?"

"yes," doyoung sighed. "take the pants off, then. your jeans are over there."

donghyuck gave an adorable grin, hopping down off the step-ladder and carefully taking off the pants, making sure he didn't get pricked by any of the pins sticking out of them. he grabbed his jeans and shimmied into them, fastening his belt as he walked towards the door.

mark tried his best not to be caught looking but donghyuck had really nice tan legs--

"oh, shoes," donghyuck muttered, picking up his trainers and stuffing his feet into them. "what movie are they showing, hyung?"

"les miserables," mark replied, his cheeks ablaze, as they walked down the corridor.

"oh, i'm there," donghyuck confirmed. "les mis is my shit."

"oh, really?" said mark, willing his face to cool down a bit.

"yeah, i think it might be my favourite one," he replied, smiling a little. "what's your favourite song?"