48: never ever.

noren special chapter

"jeno, i know you're cheating," jaemin said in annoyance, clutching his controller tightly in his hands.

"i'm not," jeno defended himself, eyes fixed on the screen.

"come on! did you have to make me explode?" jaemin demanded.

renjun was squished into jeno's side as the three of them sat on the sofa in jaemin's living room, stifling a giggle as jeno got ahead in the game.

"that's what they're for, jaemin," jeno pointed out. "and i'm not cheating!"

"then why am i losing?"

"kid, you're playing fucking mario kart," someone drawled from the doorway.

"doyoung!" jaehyun exclaimed, running in from the kitchen to grab his best friend in a tight hug.

"jaehyun," he wheezed, patting the shorter on the back a few times before he let go of him.

"you came," jaehyun said, beaming.

doyoung tutted, holding back his own grin as he poked jaehyun's nose lightly.

"of course i did, jae," he told him, "i said i'd have finished the costumes by now."

"oh my god!" jaemin exclaimed as jeno beat him to the finish line.

"good job, no-no," renjun said with a grin, high-fiving the black-haired boy.

jeno gave him an eye smile as leaned in as if to kiss renjun, but managed to stop himself in time. renjun paled and his eyes went to jaemin, but there was nothing to worry about as the brown-haired boy was sulking.

"you okay, jae?" jaehyun said mildly.

"fuck off, hyung."

"jesus," doyoung uttered, his hand latching onto jaehyun's arm, "he's not okay."

"i'll try and talk to him," jaehyun promised. "but let's go..."

"upstairs?" doyoung finished his sentence, with a raised eyebrow.

"yeah," jaehyun nodded, flustered. he pried doyoung's hand off his arm and intertwined their fingers instead. "we're going, so behave yourselves," he added to the younger boys in his big-brother 'sensible' tone of voice.

jaehyun and doyoung looked at renjun and jeno, who were in the middle of intensely staring into each other's eyes. the older boys exchanged a glance before jaehyun pulled doyoung out of the living room and up the stairs.

"you think they're-"

"shh!" jaehyun said quickly, pressing a finger to doyoung's lips, "they might hear you."

the black-haired boy glanced down at jaehyun's finger, which still rested on his lips. jaehyun jerked his hand away with a sheepish grin.

"sorry," he mumbled, "but thanks for coming over."

doyoung rolled his eyes. "as if i wouldn't," he remarked. at the bottom of the stairs, he slid his hand into jaehyun's. "you'll still talk to him, won't you?"

jaehyun sighed and pulled doyoung up the stairs by his hand.

"is it hard to talk to donghyuck?"

"of course," doyoung scoffed.

"exactly," said jaehyun. "why don't you talk to jaemin?"

"i barely know him," doyoung defended himself, "we're not like how you and my little brother are."