32: black, the colour of despair.

"bitch, are you crying?" donghyuck hissed as hugh jackman was belting out vibrato in his first solo.

"no," mark sniffed, wiping his nose on the back of his hand.

"i am reaching, but i fall, and the night is closing in..."

mark sniffled. donghyuck shook his head and patted mark's hand.

"ooh, i ship it," chittaphon muttered when valjean and javert were face to face at the prison.

donghyuck glanced down the row to see chittaphon sitting one seat in from the end, his phone glowing in his hands.

"bitch, same, but put your damn phone away," he hissed.

"sorry," the thai man said sheepishly, sinking low in his seat and turning his screen off.

the film continued, and mark's fists were clenched angrily when fantine was kicked out onto the street, and he was sobbing again when i dreamed a dream began.

"oh my god," donghyuck mumbled, though he had a tear in his eye. he roughly threw his arm around mark and pulled him to his side.

mark froze mid-sob, but relaxed into donghyuck's hold, feeling comforted by the peachy-haired boy's protective grip on his shoulder.

in all honesty, mark found the entire movie to be a complete trainwreck, and he swore he'd never cried so much in his life. the falling melody began again and donghyuck swore under his breath.

"you can't just pull that intro tune on me again," he said gruffly, holding his tears back. "oh, no, bitch," he said later, when eponine walked in the rain, "this ain't fair."

"she and marius should've been together," mark muttered.

"just wait," donghyuck said darkly.

""why is she so alone?" mark wailed quietly.

"shh, you're not alone," donghyuck hushed him, "just be quiet and watch the film."

"no!" mark exclaimed when eponine fell at the barricade, rising from his seat.

"shut up!" sanha and his friend daehwi hissed, turning around to glare at mark.

"bitch, sit down," donghyuck said irritably, tugging at mark's arm.

"a little fall of rain, can hardly hurt me now..."

"nope, i'm leaving, i can't watch anymore," mark said stubbornly.

donghyuck huffed and got his arm firmly around mark, pulling him down to sit next to him. he stuffed a handful of gummy bears in mark's mouth to shut him up and put up with mark's sniffling for the rest of the movie, cuddling the older a little during the sad parts.

at long last, they were all singing do you hear the people sing? and practically everyone in the audience were singing along, some even on their feet. chenle had leapt onto the armrests, his arms held high and his voice an octave higher than the other boys'.

donghyuck would've ordinarily sung along to any musical, especially his favourite one, but he was contentedly sitting with his arm tight around mark. and the older had his head on his shoulder.

and it was the first time mark thought, this is where i really belong.

in the theatre. in this place. with these people.

the movie finished and all the students cheered loudly, some still crying after the last song finished.

"you done there?" donghyuck joked, ruffling mark's hair.