57: strawberry red.

"donghyuck."

the lump under mark's blanket gave a grunt, his peachy hair poking out on the pillow.

"donghyuck," mark repeated, crawling closer to his boyfriend and resting his face in his hands. "hyuck?"

"what?" donghyuck mumbled, turning over and looking at him with a pout.

"are you going to tell me what's on your mind?"

donghyuck sighed, sitting up, his fluffy hair a mess from lying down. he had arrived at mark's house about half an hour ago that morning, and had been hiding under a blanket on mark's bed for over twenty minutes.

"how are you so smart?" the peachy-haired boy grumbled.

mark grinned. "so something is wrong?" he asked teasingly, taking donghyuck's hand.

donghyuck rolled his eyes, playing with mark's fingers.

"am i that obvious?"

"about as obvious as yuta-hyung is to sicheng-hyung," mark chuckled. he reached up to brush donghyuck's fringe out of his eyes. "what's wrong?"

the peachy-haired boy snorted. "yuta-hyung's got it bad." he met mark's eyes and sighed. "okay. i feel bad that i haven't tried to fix things with renjun yet."

"and jeno?" mark added.

"jeno follows after renjun," he replied, "and jeno will understand once i talk to him."

"what about renjun?"

"he's like me, and can hold a grudge and be a bitch about it," donghyuck said with a dry laugh. "so it has to be renjun first."

mark nodded, looking down. he frowned.

"what is it?" donghyuck asked.

the older boy looked back and him, making am awkward face.

"jaemin," mark said eventually. "i just-"

"i know," donghyuck said heavily. he shook his head. "i want to, but i can't right now."

"i understand," he said gently, taking donghyuck's other hand and holding them both tightly in his own. "tackle one at a time."

the peachy-haired boy scoffed. "soccer joke? please stop."

they shared a grin, and then donghyuck wrapped his arms around mark. holding ontohim tightly.

"thank you, mark-hyung," he mumbled into mark's neck. he pulled back, still looking a bit troubled.

"hey," mark said softly, rubbing his shoulder.

"i think jaemin is a bit of a mess," the peachy-haired boy said. "and i feel bad because i'm not there to... well, anything. we were really close before, and he used to ask me opinion on everything."

"don't get too worried," mark said, "you'll be thinking about it too much. but you'll all make up eventually, and you and jaemin will be friends again."

"really?" donghyuck asked in a small voice.

"really," mark repeated. "it'll be okay."

donghyuck sighed. "okay, mark."

mark smiled, leaning in to kiss him softly.

"let's do something to cheer you up today," he suggested. "we could... get milkshakes?"

the peachy-haired boy wrinkled his nose. "not special enough."

"what then? you can decide," he said. mark stroked donghyuck's hair.