78: same thing.

jaehyun and doyoung special chapter

doyoung was on his way home after the first show night of the musical when his phone rang. he fumbled to free it from his jacket pocket, answering it on the third ring.

"hey, young-ie," jaehyun's voice came through, "are you on your way home?"

"yeah," doyoung answered, a bit breathy from his brisk walking pace (luckily he lived near enough to the school to save money on bus fares), "i'll be there in, like, ten minutes, tops."

"do you want me to pick you up?" jaehyun asked, "'cause i-"

"no, no," doyoung replied, waving a hand even though jaehyun wasn't there to see him. "it's fine, jae, don't worry. i'm practically almost there." he paused to catch his breath, leaning over a little. it was a bit embarrassing being so unfit when jaehyun looked akin to a greek god. doyoung pushed the image of his boyfriend's milky sculpted abs out of his mind.

"okay," he said in a small voice.

doyoung frowned slightly. "you okay, jae?"

jaehyun gave a light chuckle. "yeah, i'm fine," he answered, "just a little cold."

"cold? why are you cold?" doyoung demanded, "it's january - don't your parents believe in central heating?" he had started walking again, feeling the chill of the night in his limbs himself.

his boyfriend tutted. "my mother isn't that extreme," he remarked, "but i couldn't stand her comments any more. fuck, i couldn't just stand there and take it from her."

"so you're outside?" doyoung questioned. "at least turn on the heating in your car, honey."

jaehyun, shivering in the cold on the other side, found himself beaming at the nickname. he hoped he could make doyoung make a habit of that.

"actually i'm on your porch," jaehyun admitted. "the heating in my car is broken..."

"oh, for god's sake," doyoung muttered. "i'm like three minutes away, don't you dare catch pneumonia and die."

"i won't, i promise," jaehyun assured him, and doyoung felt himself speeding up at every word.

he was running when he reached his street, sprinting for the driveway to his house. he saw jaehyun sitting on the porch, bundled in a puffer jacket and scarf, cheeks pink. doyoung stopped, nearly tripping over his large feet, and caught his breath.

"jesus, jae," he huffed, "i should give you a key to the house so this doesn't happen again."

"so i can come by and annoy you whenever i want?" jaehyun asked, eyes bright even though his voice came out muffled due to how cold he now was.

"i was thinking: one, because i'm lazy, and two, so you don't die, but go off i guess," doyoung tutted, inhaling deeply before wrapping his arms around his boyfriend. "let's get you inside, you idiot."

"i'm an idiot?" jaehyun echoed innocently.

"yes," doyoung said plaintively, "because you seem to have no respect for your personal wellbeing."

jaehyun's smile fell as he shrugged out of his jacket.

"hey, you can keep that on, your hands are freezing-" doyoung stopped as he saw jaehyun's expression, "jae... are you okay? what's the matter?"

jaehyun bit his lip as his eyes got glassy, his face still flushed from the cold. "young-ie," he mumbled.

"jae," doyoung said, grabbing him in a hug. "it's okay, i'm here now. what happened?" he pulled back, wiping the fallen tears and searching his boyfriend's face with wide eyes.