71: nearly ready?

"you okay up there, markie?"

mark glanced down from where he was standing on the lighting rig, stretching his arms up as he fiddled with one of the stage lights. he gave a grin, sliding the filter back into place and screwing it in. weird things seemed to be happening around the school theatre; one of the bulbs across the back wall had randomly blown and mark had replaced it, one of the wheels had popped off one of the moving sets and mark had fixed it, and now the red filter had literally fallen out of the front of the light and floated to the floor in the middle of rehearsing my first and last. so mark had to go up and fix that, too, during a cast break.

"i'm okay," mark replied, nodding. he steadied himself on the top of the lighting rig before starting to climb down. donghyuck planted his feet firmly on the stage and kept the lighting rig steady so that his boyfriend could climb slowly down. "thanks," he murmured, stepping down onto the stage and turning to face the redhead.

"you're welcome," he replied cheekily, stealing a kiss from mark's lips and hugging him.

"we're right here, you know," sanha grumbled from where he was lounged on the sofa on the other side of the stage.

"you're just jealous," donghyuck whined, holding mark in his arms. mark was embarrassed at the fact that almost all of the cast had turned to look at him and donghyuck, but the redhead's embrace was too warm and cosy that he couldn't help melting into his arms.

"he's just sad because his girlfriend isn't here," daehwi piped up from the first row of chairs. he was exhausted from dancing full-out for so long in the rehearsal, that he had flopped down in one of the red velvet audience seats, legs over the armrest.

"didn't think you were that mean, daehwi," sanha said, crossing his arms. "and donghyuck! it's your fault i had to dye my hair brown again."

"just admit you miss yehana and that's why you're whining about pointless things," xiyeon drawled.

"fine," sanha muttered. "it's not my fault yehana had to get her braces tightened."

"mate, don't even complain, you're still a brace-face," chani teased, playfully poking his friend.

"excuse me? brace-face!?"

they started playfully fighting, tackling each other, and they were laughing about it until sanha gave a screech.

"what?" chani uttered.

"my brace is stuck in your stupid sweater you fucking moron!"

"i didn't know sanha had language like that," mark chuckled, and donghyuck shook his head.

"he's secretly an over-the-top bitch, you know," donghyuck said sagely.

"oh, like you?" mark said innocently, worming his way out of his boyfriend's grasp so he could attempt to run away.

"mark lee!"

"guys, careful!" chani yelled as mark and donghyuck ran around the stage. "sanha's still stuck."

pretty much every other cast member was laughing at the scene, with donghyuck and mark running around in a frenzy as sanha protested and whined loudly about a thread of chani's fluffy jumper being stuck in his brace. nancy had disappeared after mr byun had called for a cast break, but that was typical of her. she still wanted to be in the musical but wanted nothing to do with the other cast members. unfortunately for her, they were about the only students that might be willing to forgive her.

"sanha?"

"fucking finally!" the tall boy exclaimed as he freed himself from chani's sweater.

"thought you missed me that much, babe," yehana teased as she ran to sanha's side and hugged him.