45: this is me.

"hyung, want a gummy worm?" donghyuck asked with his mouth full with about five of the sweets, aiming another at the back of mark's head.

"yeah, okay-" mark turned for the gummy worm to smack him in the forehead. "nice," he said sarcastically as donghyuck collapsed into hysterics.

the older boy gave up trying to be serious and joined in laughing until it eventually subsided. donghyuck grinned at him, scooting to the closer side of the bed and leaned forward to feed mark a gummy worm.

"thanks, hyuck," he said. he sipped at the dregs of his milkshake, donghyuck mirroring his actions with his own drink.

"if i could have anything in the world, i'd have an endless supply of these milkshakes," he declared.

mark chuckled and closed his calculus textbook.

"you wouldn't wish for me?" he joked, eyes shaking a little as he awaited donghyuck's response.

"i already have you, hyung," he replied simply, tossing his empty cup towards the bin and thankfully getting it in.

"d-don't make a mess," mark warned, staring at the new blank page of his notebook as he blushed hard.

"i have good aim," donghyuck replied, winking at him when he glanced round to look at him.

"greasy ass," mark muttered. "god, i hate chemistry."

"same," donghyuck droned. "just study for one more hour and then you can rest."

"but i have so much to do-"

he was cut off by another gummy worm, bouncing off his ear this time.

"fuck; donghyuck!" mark snapped, snatching the fallen sweet and flinging it at the boy.

donghyuck giggled. "oh," he said, "you wanna?"

mark lunged forward to slap the boy upside the head. "shut up," he snapped, his face bright red.

"don't hit me, bitch," donghyuck grumbled.

mark rolled his eyes and went back to his work.

"oh my god, finally," donghyuck groaned, rolling over on the bed, sweet packets rustling.

"what?" asked the older, rubbing his eyes. he glanced at the clock on the wall, "oh. i guess i'm done."

"fucking finally~" donghyuck sang. "time for a break!"

"not a long break, though-"

mark was cut off when the peachy-haired boy grabbed his arm and pulled him off his chair, landing him on top of him.

"h-hyuck," mark grumbled, trying to frown at him.

but donghyuck giggled. "hyung, you are seriously so cute. how did i even get to have you?"

"you walked into me that day and nearly broke a dozen mics," mark reminded him, leaning closer, their noses almost touching. "those were really expensive, you know."

the peachy-haired boy grinned, snaking an arm around mark's waist, the other resting behind his head. "yeah, you really pissed me off that day."

"why?" he asked curiously.

donghyuck cringed. "i was an asshole. everyone pissed me off back then... i just hated everyone."

mark blinked at him, climbing off and sitting beside him on top of the duvet.

he tilted his head to one side. "and now?" he said.

the younger thought about it.

"i give people a chance," he mused, "you grew on me, so it must be worth it sometimes."