65: i want fabulous!

"you know what i want to do on boxing day?" said donghyuck, coming into the living room and flopping stomach-down onto the sofa. he tugged the hood of his dark green hoodie over his head and groaned.

"what?" jaehyun asked, entering from the kitchen with a cup of tea. he moved donghyuck's legs so he could sit down. donghyuck put his legs on jaehyun's lap.

"i don't know," he said sarcastically, "maybe, see my boyfriend?"

jaemin gave a chuckle, entering from the hallway in a huge pink roll neck sweater and blue jeans, brown hair fluffy and his phone in hand. he sat down in the armchair, fiddling with his phone case.

"christmas is for family time, hyuck," doyoung remarked, sitting on the arm of the sofa beside jaehyun, who snaked an arm around his waist.

donghyuck's eyes widened and he looked like he'd lost the will to live.

"you're practically sitting in your boyfriend's lap, i won't hesitate to kill you, hyung," donghyuck threatened, toes twitching.

jaehyun tickled the underside of donghyuck's foot and the younger shrieked, making jaemin laugh again.

"jaehyun-hyung," donghyuck whined. "it's been three years since i saw mark," he grumbled.

"it's been three days," doyoung stated.

"that's too long!"

jaehyun and doyoung exchanged a look. "maybe you could invite mark over," the black-haired boy suggested, making donghyuck shoot up off the sofa in surprise.

"really?"

"yeah, but don't leave jaemin out," he added, "invite renjun and jeno as well."

"oh," donghyuck said, exchanging a glance with jaemin, who shrugged. "okay," he agreed. "we're watching high school musical," he added, pointing at each of the other guys in turn, "and no one's gonna stop me."

"nice," jaehyun said with a grin. he caught doyoung's look, mumbling, "sorry."

"fine," doyoung huffed, "you can watch that poor excuse for a musical."

"all three of them," donghyuck corrected.

"oh my god," doyoung groaned.

when mark rang the doorbell, donghyuck threw the front door open and grabbed him in a huge hug, even spinning him round. mark giggled, pinching donghyuck's cheek when he finally put him down. renjun and jeno were standing behind them, sharing a smile.

"happy to see me?" mark joked.

"yes?" donghyuck said exasperatedly, "i haven't seen you in ages!"

"it's only been like..." mark said, trailing after donghyuck into the living room.

"whatever it is, it's been too long," donghyuck said, turning to him with a pout on his face.

"agreed," said mark, slipping his hand into donghyuck's. the younger grinned and leaned in to kiss him.

"no pda, please," doyoung drawled from the sofa, causing mark to blush as the redhead pulled away.

"i've had to see you kiss jaehyun-hyung for three whole days, so shut up," donghyuck sneered, pulling mark down onto his lap as he sat down in the armchair.

jaemin stood awkwardly in the kitchen door as renjun and jeno walked hand-in-hand into the living room, practically oblivious to any one else around them. jeno leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to the corner of renjun's mouth, making doyoung sigh loudly. renjun went bright red and noticed jaemin standing there, and hissed, "jaemin doesn't know about us, no-no."

"oh," jeno remarked. "hi, jaemin." he added with an eye-smile to renjun, "i think he knows now, junnie."

renjun rolled his eyes and smacked jeno's shoulder. "well, thanks."

jaemin cleared his throat and stepped into the room, hands in the pockets of his soft sweater. "congratulations, guys," he said, smiling awkwardly, "whenever it was when this happened. i'm sorry i never paid attention." he sort of stuck out his hand and jeno laughed, pulling him into a hug with renjun as well.

the three of them hugged in the middle of the room and donghyuck pretended to wipe a tear from his eye, moving mark off his lap so he could get up and join the group hug. the redhead latched onto jaemin's back, wiggling his head under his armpit so that jeno was hugging him too.

"that's adorable," said jaehyun, and doyoung sniffed.

"are they going to stand there hugging all day or watch that terrible movie?" he muttered.

"all three of them," jaehyun and donghyuck said in sync.

doyoung gave a whine and buried his head in jaehyun's chest, and the brown-haired boy chuckled, rubbing doyoung's scalp with his fingertips and stroking his soft black hair.

so the three couples plus jaemin were crammed into donghyuck's living room around the tv as the first high school musical movie was playing. doyoung got so bored of how cringy it was and curled up in a ball at jaehyun's side instead, cuddled by him. renjun was in jeno's lap on the floor, their fingers laced together and donghyuck had commandeered the armchair again with mark cuddled in his lap. jaemin sat on the sofa beside his older brother, phone on the arm of the sofa, which he was absently running his fingertips over.

until his phone screen lit up with a text message.

from: daehwi
how r u?

jaemin hid a smile. the honey-haired boy texted him practically everyday to check on him, jaemin having told him basically everything that had happened to him over the past few months that christmas eve when the brown-haired boy had gone to daehwi's house to deliver the letter, but had ended up staying and pouring his heart out to the boy. they had decided to be friends, and jaemin couldn't have asked for a better confidant. he'd felt a bit off yesterday, but daehwi gave great advice to cheer jaemin up. he was both anxious and excited to see the honey-haired boy once school started back.

he'd explained the whole deal with his parents, missing school, and the soccer team, and daehwi had been more than understanding. the honey-haired boy had gotten to adorably angry when jaemin started to spill about nancy, and swore he would help jaemin get back at her in the best way possible. jaemin chuckled at the memory. if he really would try and get revenge on nancy, then daehwi would be the perfect partner in crime.

to: daehwi
i'm ok. renjun,
jeno and mark
are here to watch
a movie lol

the younger's reply was fast, and jaemin found his heart fluttering.

from: daehwi
ooh that's nice
^.^ what r u
guys watching??

to: daehwi
hsm.. lowkey
wanna kms

from: daehwi
omg!! can i
join? lmao

to: daehwi
not another
hsm fan ;-;

from: daehwi
hehe.. we should
watch a better
musical instead
sometime

jaemin was blushing. oh my god, he thought, get a grip on yourself, na jaemin.

to: daehwi
that would be
really fun :)

from: daehwi
nice ^.^
u ok tho?

jaemin smiled.

"who you texting?" jaehyun asked, quirking a brow at jaemin's phone screen, which his little brother was quick to hide. doyoung looked up from where he had been snoozing on jaehyun's chest in interest.

"no one," jaemin muttered, frowning at his brother until he chuckled and turned his attention back to the movie. they'd moved onto the second film, re-stocked their snacks and now donghyuck was singing 'i want fabulous! that is my simple request-'

jaemin got his phone out and texted daehwi back.

to: daehwi
yeah, i am ok :)

because he was, now that everything seemed to be working out for the best. and the fact that he had daehwi in his life.