56: acceptance.

hey guys, i am currently working on answering all the questions; if you still want to ask questions then please do, i will be closing the q&a soon!

in the meantime, please enjoy this special chapter. ily guys ♡

***

jaehyun special chapter

jaehyun was in his car, hands gripping the wheel as he tried not to die.

the roads were icy and he drove as fast as he deemed safe in such conditions. he had to get to doyoung's house before he broke down completely.

he was shaking, his breath fogging the air as he skidded to a stop before a red light. running his hands through his hair, his lips were dry and his eyes pricked with tears.

"what have i done?" he uttered in a choked whisper, getting the car to come back to life when the light turned green.

the sky was white, the streets were white with the light snowfall and jaehyun almost saw white when he stopped outside doyoung's house.

he stumbled out of the car, meeting doyoung at the door, who had opened it wearing a fluffy sweater and matching bunny slippers.

"hey, jae, i saw your car pull up outside," doyoung said, grinning as he grabbed jaehyun's arm. "everything okay?"

doyoung's heart plummeted when he saw the look on jaehyun's face.

"oh my god, jae," he uttered, placing his hands on either side of the brown-haired boy's face, his fingers pressing into the shorter's pink cheeks. "what's wrong?" he asked urgently.

"doyoung," jaehyun got out.

"come in, jae, it's freezing," doyoung fretted, caressing jaehyun's cheek before grabbing his hands and pulling him inside the house.

"is it hyung?" donghyuck called from the living room.

doyoung shut the door and led jaehyun upstairs, helping him shed his coat as they went. the tall black-haired boy kept a tight grip on jaehyun's left hand as he took him to his bedroom, looking more than worried as he closed the door behind them.

"love, what happened?" he asked, and before doyoung could even mentally smack himself for the accidental pet-name, jaehyun was kissing him.

jaehyun was kissing doyoung like the world was ending and they had seconds left.

he kissed him, and doyoung had never felt more alive.

they kissed, arms tight around each other, hands in each other's hair. they were one. when doyoung's back hit the closed door, jaehyun pulled away.

"j-jae," doyoung stammered.

"doyoung," jaehyun got out, breathing heavily. "i love you."

doyoung blinked like a deer in the headlights. "jae-"

"sorry," the brown-haired boy said quickly, stepping back.

doyoung felt cold when jaehyun stopped touching him.

"what do you mean, sorry?" doyoung demanded, suddenly irritated.

jaehyun ran a hand through his hair, sinking down on the bed. "young-ie. i came out."

doyoung's eyes bulged. "you what?"

"to my parents. and to jaemin," jaehyun started laughing. doyoung was still shocked. "i told them i was gay!"

doyoung rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn't dreaming. jaehyun had just kissed him so hard that his lips were still tingling.

"jae, you came out? i- i'm, oh my god," doyoung stammered, bracing his hand against the wall. "you just kissed me, oh my god, i'm going to faint."

"drama queen," jaehyun said, his usual teasing tone returning. he got up, placing a hand on doyoung's cheek. "sorry, i was freaking out big-time when i left my parents' house."

"it's okay," doyoung said, sounding a bit dazed.

"um," jaehyun began, suddenly embarrassed. a tear escaped and he wiped it away quickly.

"it's okay," doyoung repeated, fixing his gaze on jaehyun. "i'm so proud of you, jae."

jaehyun grinned, trying not to burst into tears.

"and for the record, i love you, too," doyoung said. "totally hadn't been waiting months for you to finally kiss me like that." he narrowed his eyes at him and jaehyun burst out laughing instead.

"seriously?"

"are you blind?" doyoung almost screeched. he smacked jaehyun's arm.

"i'm an idiot," jaehyun grumbled. "part of me is wondering why i just didn't come out sooner, but the other part is kind of like..."

"'what the fuck have i done?'" doyoung finished. "yeah, i totally get you. although my mom still hopes i'll marry a girl not a guy."

jaehyun chuckled. he ran a hand through his hair. "well, about just now..."

doyoung grinned, making jaehyun's heart do a little somersault.

"it's not like we haven't kissed before," doyoung said slyly, making jaehyun blush.

"doyoung-"

but doyoung was kissing him this time. and it was just perfect. it was his version of perfect.

__________________________

jaehyun is possibly is my favourite character in this book, even though he isn't in it that much, he is a big influencing factor on other characters' storylines

thank for the love and support on this book, the q&a answers will be up soon :)

taellipses out x