54: sharing a coffee.

unwittingly setting up friends, part two

"hyuck," mark began, fingers tapping nervously on the steering wheel as he waited at a red light.

"yeah, mark?" donghyuck blinked at the older boy.

"um, well, about earlier," said mark.

daehwi tried to look like he wasn't eavesdropping from the backseat of mark's car, but he lowkey was.

"what about earlier?"

"hyuck, i don't want to pry, but what happened with the costume?" said mark, his brow furrowed. "did it, uh, not fit or something?"

"tact, mark; tact," daehwi muttered.

"oh," donghyuck said. he shook his head. "it was just me being stupid again. but yeah, doyoung made the shirt too small."

mark looked at him. "hyuck, you know it's not because-"

"i know, okay?" donghyuck snapped. "i'm not a dumbass. i've just had enough comments saying stuff doesn't fit me 'cause i'm..." he ran a hand through his hair. "sorry, hyung," he said, grabbing mark's free hand, "i shouldn't be yelling at you."

mark smiled. "it's okay, hyuck. i understand..." he squeezed donghyuck's hand. "doyoung must have read the measurements wrong. you look like you've lost weight, if anything."

donghyuck shrugged. "must be all the dancing," he remarked. he glanced behind him. "honestly, you've lost weight too, daehwi."

daehwi raised his eyebrows, pressing his hands to his cheeks. "yeah... i guess."

mark let go of donghyuck's hand to change gears as the light turned green.

"make sure you eat enough, man," mark remarked.

daehwi grinned. "yes, mom," he said teasingly. "anyway, are you okay, donghyuck?"

the peachy-haired boy threw him a smile. "i am now, thank you, 'hwi. all thanks to my beautiful boyfriend here."

mark choked a little, throwing donghyuck a look.

"aw, he's blushing," donghyuck teased, pinching mark's cheek.

"get the fuck off, hyuck," he grumbled.

"should i apologise...?" donghyuck murmured, crossing his arms and looking out of the window.

"to who?" daehwi questioned.

"doyoung-hyung. i didn't need to yell at him," donghyuck sighed.

"you've changed your tune," mark teased.

"shut up, mark," he grumbled, making mark smirk. "okay, fine, i'll apologise to doyoung."

"no one's forcing you-"

"just leave him, daehwi," mark chuckled as he reached the parking lot.

"hyuck, since when do you phone me in the middle of the day?"

donghyuck rolled his eyes. "i just wanted to say i'm sorry for being a bitch to you earlier," he said.

doyoung gasped loudly. "are you apologising to me?"

"don't make me say it again, stupid hyung."

doyoung's giggles were heard through donghyuck's speaker. "jae! stop that. okay, well, thank you for apologising, hyuck. you're right, you didn't need to throw at hissy fit at your own hyung."