81: one musical.

"oh my fucking god," donghyuck groaned, flopping down in front of the mirrors in the boys' dressing room.

"what's wrong?" mark questioned, following his boyfriend inside.

doyoung glanced up from where he was tidying the costumes and chenle and jeongin ran in before running out again, giggling. the older rolled his eyes.

"only that it's the last show," the redhead sighed, pouting.

"aw, hyuck," said mark sitting beside him.

"is donghyuck crying again?" sanha drawled, poking his head around the door frame.

"shut up, beanpole."

"stop bullying him, sannie," yehana remarked, appearing behind him in the door. she prodded him sharply in the ribs and he gave a yelp, turning and running after her retreating form.

"get your costume on," doyoung called, looking up from chenle's hair.

after the cast had put on their first act costumes for the final time, hair and makeup done, they waited in the corridor for the final curtain call. mr byun was tearful, even at this stage, comforted by mr park. mark wiggled through the crowd to wrap an arm around donghyuck's waist, his earpiece in the other. donghyuck smiled down at him, quickly pressing a kiss to his forehead.

"five minutes until curtain," chittaphon's voice came through on the speakers, and the cast moved to take their positions in the wings.

"break a leg, hyuckie," mark said, and donghyuck hugged him in response, before the two went backstage to wait for the curtains to go up.

the final show was a huge success. the whole cast and crew were buzzing, and the atmosphere even backstage was electric. it was almost as if the cast really became their characters and it was all so natural when they stepped out onstage. it was a shame that it would be the last time, but it couldn't have gone any better.

after the bows, the curtains went down and the cast filtered backstage, all hugging and congratulating each other. mr byun was doing the same, spotting donghyuck and heading over to him.

"there you are, chen!" he uttered, and donghyuck grinned.

"hey, mr byun," he replied. "everything's gone perfectly tonight!"

"i know," the drama teacher gushed, "and kim jongdae was in the audience!"

"oh my fucking god," the redhead exclaimed. "sorry!" he added, embarrassed.

"honestly, i would have had the same reaction," mr byun laughed. "just don't swear in my classes, i'll get in trouble. anyway, don't leave for the after party yet, jongdae wants to meet you."

"me?" donghyuck stammered. "he wants to meet me?"

"yes, so get out of your costume and come out into the theatre," mr byun told him. "i need to find seunghee, too-"

"what was that about?" mark asked, appearing at donghyuck's side, wearing a dark green hoodie over his black stage manager clothing.

"kim fucking jongdae wants to meet me, he was in the audience," donghyuck uttered, feeling a little faint. "the man on my bedroom wall, for crying out loud."

"that's amazing!" mark said, tugging on donghyuck's sleeve to lead him back to the dressing room. "i guess he wants to congratulate you?"

"he's programme director of musical theatre at the royal arts college," donghyuck said, slumping into a chair in front of the mirrors.

"maybe he wants to recommend you go there after high school?" mark suggested, sitting down beside him.

"did i hear that right?" chenle demanded, tugging a hoodie over his head. "kim jongdae?"