80: pompous dog hater.

mr byun and mr park

special chapter

three years ago...

byun baekhyun was in his prime at twenty six, or so he thought. he had a small role in his theatre troupe, performing a variety of classic plays and musicals over the year, and touring around the country. sure, he clashed a little with his fellow actors, mainly over the fact that he felt he ought to get some of the better roles. he was ready for a casting director to see him at a show and pick him up for a movie or tv series, but was having the time of his life in the meantime.

that was, until he was politely asked to quit.

"it's ridiculous, if you think about it," he grumbled as he walked down the street towards his favourite book shop. "i was better than all of them, surely."

he caught himself in the reflection of a shop window and rolled his eyes.

"and i'm talking to myself, great," he muttered. he adjusted his dark bangs on his forehead, pushing his glasses up his nose. baekhyun straightened his long beige coat before continuing down the street, his brown lace-ups hitting the pavement in an uneven sort of rhythm as he thought about his new job.

he had left the theatre company with reluctance, but it was clear that he wasn't wanted there. so, of course, after a few months of failed auditions, baekhyun decided to go into teaching. and so, once he finished his teaching course and had built up a considerable amount of debt, he was ready to start teaching drama at neo tech high school.

"god, i need a coffee," he said to himself, spotting his favourite little coffee shop and entering.

the whole area in which baekhyun had situated himself for this new chapter much suited him. the architecture was older, more vintage, and baekhyun took his wallet from his waistcoat pocket to pay for his drink. he just seemed to fit in. walking out with disposable cup of latte in hand, he was looking forward to his last day of freedom before he would enter into teaching.

"down, toben!" a man called in the distance, but baekhyun was absorbed in his own thoughts. "toben!

before baekhyun could comprehend what was happening, a small dog barrelled into his ankles. the slender man immediately lost his balance and was sent sprawling, his coffee cup leaving his hand and coffee splashing all over his beige coat.

"toben!" the tall man, supposedly the dog owner yelled, the least having been torn from his hands.

baekhyun let out a rather girly scream, recoiling and kicking out at the small curly-haired dog that was yapping at his knees. and then the dog clamped it's small jaw around baekhyun's hand.

"oh my god, toben!" the owner exclaimed, the tall man reaching down to grab his dog. the dog obliged to let go of baekhyun's hand, barking as if he had done something good and deserved a treat. "toben, we don't bite people, how many times?"

"oh, sweet jesus," baekhyun uttered, feeling a little faint at the sight of blood on his hand.

"i am so sorry," the tall man said, and baekhyun looked up. the dog owner towered over him, broad shoulders and torso hidden under a faded grey hoodie that was too big even for him. his dark hair was curly, strangely matching with the dog in his arms, and he wore ripped jeans and scuffed sneakers.

"control your animal, for god's sake," baekhyun snapped, already mourning the state of his coat.

"i'm really sorry," the owner repeated, offering a large hand. baekhyun narrowed his eyes but slid his smaller hand into that of the owner. the tall man pulled him up, with a force that baekhyun wasn't expecting.