72: missing.

"mark! i've lost my fucking pants and i'm stressed!"

mark adjusted his in-ear and headed for the wings where donghyuck's voice was coming from. the redhead was running around in his boxers and a pale blue button down shirt. mark stopped and blushed a bit before going up to his boyfriend.

"hyuck, just calm down for a second," he said gently, reaching for donghyuck's hand. "who else is on wardrobe?"

"there's a whole rack missing, so donghyuck's pants aren't the only thing that are missing," doyoung piped up, pushing a pair of glasses up his nose as he came into the wings, half-way through stitching a shirt.

"we've got time to track things down, babes," said mr byun.

donghyuck ran a hand through his bright hair. "okay," he sighed. "markie, let's get some lunch."

"okay," mark agreed, taking out his in-ear and untangling the pack from his body. donghyuck took it from him, winding the wire around it and leaving it in the little box in the wings with mark's name on it. the younger took his boyfriend's hand, pressed a kiss to his lips, and pulled him towards the dressing rooms.

"my jeans are here somewhere," donghyuck muttered to himself, moving his hoodie from a chair to find his blue jeans. he pulled them on and started unbuttoning his shirt, but glanced at mark with a shy look.

"should i not look?" mark asked, going to turn away.

"it's fine," donghyuck said, shaking his head. he unfastened another button. "yeah, it's fine."

"hyuck, i can turn around if you're uncomfortable-"

"no, it's okay," the redhead assured him. "you're my boyfriend."

as donghyuck took off his shirt, tugging a t-shirt over his head, mark said, "i still think you're really hot... if that helps."

donghyuck glanced at him with a grin, pulling his hoodie on before going to give mark a hug. "you're adorable, markie. and you always know what to say."

mark chuckled, wrapping his arms tightly around donghyuck's waist. "i just say what's true."

"mind not being so cute every time i see you guys?" daehwi asked, amused, as he walked into the dressing room. he straightened his beret as he examined his reflection. his pink shirt matched his hat, wearing dark grey slacks similar to the ones donghyuck was missing. "your hyung is in the other dressing room, by the way."

"i guess he hasn't found the pants yet," donghyuck remarked, and daehwi shook his head.

"nope. one of my shirts is missing, too," daehwi replied. "are you getting lunch?"

"yeah," the redhead said. "wanna join?"

"sure, just let me get changed," daehwi said, and donghyuck took mark's hand again, heading out into the corridor.

"do you reckon someone has moved some of the costumes?" mark said after a while.

"what do you mean? would someone do that?" donghyuck questioned.

"i don't know... but it's possible," he answered.

"okay, i'm ready," daehwi said, popping up behind them in the corridor. "what were you talking about?"

"just wondering where the missing costumes are," mark said with a smile. "but we should get lunch, we might have to wait a while in the queue."

daehwi gave a grin. "sure!"

the three went left the theatre and went through the art block towards the cafeteria. they spotted jaemin, jeno and renjun sitting at their old usual table, and daehwi ran over there whilst mark and donghyuck waited in line.

"hey," jaemin said, smiling when he saw daehwi running towards him. "how are rehearsals going?"

"good," the younger replied. "how have your classes been?"

jaemin gave a groan. "boring," he answered. "you're so lucky to be out of class today."

daehwi gave a smug smile, hiding his hands in the sleeves of his cardigan. "it's only for today and tomorrow," he said, eyeing the long lunch queue that he supposed he ought to join. "and the dress run is on saturday... do you want to come watch?"

jaemin's smile returned. "of course! did you mention it before?"

daehwi blinked, then looked sheepish. "i guess i forgot," he mumbled.

"oh," jaemin said, then, looking back got eh table (ignoring the knowing looks renjun and jeno were both exchanging and sending his way), "i picked up an extra sandwich, in case you'd be eating lunch in here..."

"really?" daehwi uttered, cheeks flushing pink. "you bought me lunch?"

"too cute," jeno muttered to renjun, who nodded in agreement. the shorter reached for his boyfriend's hand under the table and squeezed it. the two were just waiting for their friend to ask daehwi out already.

"yeah, i did," jaemin said, rubbing the back of his neck as daehwi sat down beside him. "i was going to bring it to the theatre if you guys were still rehearsing over lunch."

daehwi beamed and took the sandwich jaemin was holding out. "that's so sweet, i literally can't."

"neither can i," renjun chuckled, glancing at jeno.

"if they don't get together soon, we'll just send more subliminal messages," jeno whispered to him.

"that's a big word, lee jeno," renjun murmured, raising his eyebrows.

"you know what else is big?" jeno said with a smirk.

renjun narrowed his eyes at him, already drawing back his hand to smack him.

"my love for you, what were you thinking of?" jeno added cheekily and renjun gave a groan.

"you're so silly," he remarked.

daehwi and jaemin were giggling about some musical or other, with the younger enjoying his sandwich as well as pinching chips from jaemin's plate (not that the older minded in the slightest), when mark and donghyuck came over with their food.

"i was gonna say you should join the queue, hwi," said donghyuck, raising his eyebrows at the obvious couple (that still weren't official) before him, "but you seem to be just fine."

"yeah, there's almost nothing left," mark agreed, picking a mushroom out of his noodles and eating it. donghyuck looked smug as he took a large bite out of his pizza slice.

"you got the last one, didn't you," renjun said dryly.

donghyuck nodded enthusiastically as mark sighed at his dull-looking noodles.

"markie, have a bite," donghyuck suggested, holding out his pizza. mark smiled and took the largest mouthful he could manage, to his boyfriends protests. "you owe me those sorry excuse for noodles now," he said with a frown.

mark just laughed as donghyuck picked at the noodles.

"i hope someone can track down the costumes," daehwi commented.

"yeah, me, too," donghyuck sighed. "i don't want the show to be ruined."

____________________

apologies for such a long wait :( my last exam is tomorrow so updates will be back to normal, probably every other day like they usually are

i'm obsessed with the boyz right now so my favourite dance practice of theirs is in the media, enjoy xox

and, i am planning a book about the boyz which i will tell you more about soon! when this book is finished i will also be announcing a new book, so stay tuned...

thank you for all the love and support uwu you guys have been really patient throughout my exams and i will be sure to update all of my books loads over the next couple of weeks!!

taellipses out x