46: no one else.

"chani, you bitch!" donghyuck shrieked the following morning, running at the boy, "you never told me you'd be back at school today!"

"i wanted to surprise people," chani giggled as sanha was clinging to him and trying to sob in a less obvious fashion on his best friend's shoulder.

"it's good to have you back," yehana said with a grin.

"ey, why are you making him stand, his leg is still broken," xiyeon pointed out as she entered the stage, hand in hand with kyla.

"sorry," sanha sniffed, getting chani to sit on the sofa. the lanky boy squeezed in next to his best friend, pulling yehana to sit beside him.

"you good?" xiyeon said, perching on the arm of the sofa.

"yeah," chani said with a grin. "i didn't see the car coming, though."

"no shit, bitch!" donghyuck said exasperatedly. "why do you ride a bike around here anyway? it's dangerous," he grumbled.

mark snickered from the wings as he held a box of props in his hands.

"hey, mark!" chani said with a grin, waving at him.

"you hiding back there?" sanha suggested, exchanging a smirk with yehana.

"from someone, maybe?" yehana added.

"good to see you, man," said mark, raising a hand.

"what've you got there, hyung?" donghyuck questioned, running over to him.

"just props-"

"look, a crown! you look like a princess," donghyuck giggled as he placed a small tiara on mark's head.

"stop," mark protested, struggling to move his head away as he was back against the wall. "hyuck!" he complained as the box fell and the props were scattered across the stage.

"be careful," sanha called. "also be careful when- ow!"

yehana had elbowed him in the ribs.

"chani-hyung!" chenle yelled, sprinting up from the auditorium. "you're back!"

"hey, chenle," he replied, hugging the small blond. "hey... daehwi. you alright?" he added upon seeing the honey-haired boy.

"mm," daehwi replied, nodding. he stayed near the front row of seats, hands hidden by long sweater sleeves. "how are you?"

"good; eat lunch with us today?" he asked.

"in the cafeteria?" daehwi asked in a small voice.

"he hasn't eaten with us all week," mark said quietly.

donghyuck glanced over at the shorter boy and nodded. "what's up with him?"

mark shrugged helplessly.

daehwi awkwardly excused himself and left  the theatre.

"hey," someone whispered from the wings.

"renjun?" donghyuck uttered.

the smaller dark haired boy motioned for donghyuck to come closer. the peachy-haired boy dragged mark along with him.

"i thought..." renjun trailed off, looking from donghyuck to mark and back again.

"that's not important right now," he snapped, letting go of mark's hand and breaking the older's heart a little. "what is it?"

"jaemin was fine, no thanks to you," renjun said in a serious tone.

"what do you mean?"

"the night of the party. when xiyeon phoned you?"

"oh... why? what happened?" donghyuck asked, confused.